iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lumber trading

Started by hackberry jake, May 28, 2015, 02:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

I really liked the way @mesquite buckeye 's floor came out with the red gum eucalyptus and I wanted to try working with some of it so I offered him up a wood trade. We will each fill up a large flat rate box with wood and send them to each other. He requested some dogwood, so I worked on cutting some today. Here are the two best looking boards.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Magicman

What a novel idea.   smiley_idea
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I will trade you something for some osage orange.  Anything that you need?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

Great idea, but you spoiled the surprise by posting a pic of those beautiful boards. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

hackberry jake

Quote from: WDH on May 28, 2015, 08:48:21 PM
I will trade you something for some osage orange.  Anything that you need?
If I remember correctly, you have access to all of the curly cherry in Georgia.  ;D

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lud

But you have to saw it to get the full effect.  Osage that I 've cut is this amazing "safety yellow" when you first open it! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

mesquite buckeye

I got this weird box in the mail today from this Jake Guy. ???
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

hackberry jake

I wonder what was in it?... ::)

WDH

mesquite buckeye

There is some yellow stuff, some wettish brown and white stuff and a piece of some wavy stuff. I put them in the shop to stabilize/dry. ;D

Guess I need to find a box. This one was pretty ugly by the time it got here. :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

Sounds like it was just "stuff".

mesquite buckeye

Well, the box was stuffed. ;D

nmericle53

That is such a good idea. Those two boards are awesome. Maybe I need to get my box ready!
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

4x4American

how long are the boards?
Boy, back in my day..

mesquite buckeye

The box was 24" X 12" X 3".

The biggest boards were about that long.

hackberry jake

I received my box in the mail, but before I got a chance to open it, the wife went into labor and I got a different special package.

mesquite buckeye

Cool. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

WDH

That is the best kind of package.  Hopefully you shared a beverage with the Stork.

plowboyswr

Congratulations to you both!
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Magicman

Packaged lumber can wait.   smiley_blue_bounce
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jemclimber

A big congratulations!!!
lt15

hackberry jake

While the wife and the baby were sleeping I opened up the box. Mesquite was kind enough to write the species in the hard to identify pieces. 8)

mesquite buckeye

Peter Drouin

So what do you with them?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!