Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

beenthere

Looks pretty cool. Will it follow you through the woods?
Why two?  Gift?
What do you plan to do with it?  Look forward to your video's.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terry f

Oregon just outlawed drones for hunting, I can see why.

jueston

all these new drones are really cool, there are some privacy issues that are yet to be resolved, but it seems like every few weeks there is a new model that can do new things, this one following you on its own is really interesting.

clearcut

According to the website, this model does not have obstacle avoidance so I doubt it will follow you through the woods. Note that all of the videos were taken in open areas.

It will be interesting when a drone can fly to a plot center, ID the species and measure DBH and height.

I have been working on a project where the techs are taking 360° videos at plot center, describing the stand they just walked through. It helps flesh out the stand descriptions and is faster for them than writing it all down. We have joked about replacing them with drones.

My new slogan "From the air, but never there!"
Carbon sequestered upon request.

21incher

Got the shotgun loaded for the first drone that fly's over my air space. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What are you gonna do with them Pappy?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: 21incher on May 28, 2015, 08:21:21 PM

Tell the truth 21....you wouldn't shoot a Drone would you?  :D.........................or a Goat?  ;D

r.man

A goat shaped drone, or a drone shaped goat.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Poston has been known to drone one on but has never before been accused of being a drone.

It's really a distinction of state of being versus an activity.

Herb

21incher

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 28, 2015, 09:02:33 PM
Quote from: 21incher on May 28, 2015, 08:21:21 PM

Tell the truth 21....you wouldn't shoot a Drone would you?  :D.........................or a Goat?  ;D
Yea a drone would be a waste of ammo because you can't eat it, but a flying goat may be good on the grill. digin1  :D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

wesdor

Pappy, did you get them at the introductory price of $500 each?  How long can they stay up on a charge and how long to charge the battery? 
They really look fun for open areas

Thank You Sponsors!