iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chiggers

Started by Magicman, May 27, 2015, 10:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on June 13, 2015, 11:06:48 PMI have also been waging war with wasps.   :-\
I tried some Spectracide Pro that advertises that it will kill returning wasp for up to 4 weeks.  I needed this badly and it seems to work. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 14, 2015, 05:19:03 PM
Quote from: Magicman on June 13, 2015, 11:06:48 PMI have also been waging war with wasps.   :-\
I tried some Spectracide Pro that advertises that it will kill returning wasp for up to 4 weeks.  I needed this badly and it seems to work.

What do you do Magic, just rub it on your head......like paint ?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LaneC

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Man makes plans and God smiles

WDH

I thought that the paint was a chigger repellent. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LaneC

Magicman, the soapy water will kill wasps also. Did you try spraying the soapy water to remove the chiggers?

elk42

How much soap per gal.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Magicman

Absolutely no soap on me until "Saturday Nite", and then two glugs.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LaneC

elk42, are you asking me how much per gallon to kill wasps? If so, we just squirt a few shots of dawn dishwashing liquid into a small spray bottle, shake it up and squirt them as needed. They hit the deck quickly if it is pretty strong. We do this when no wasp spray is around.

LaneC

Also, "engine degreaser" works as a good wasp spray. It shoots a long way and kills them pretty quick. It smells like diesel. It is cheap, but I would not spray it on a house or anything, it may mess up the wood or vinyl. Around barns and all it does very good.

Magicman

My old "sweeper mower" threw a belt yesterday so I'm lying on my back in the yard rerouting the belt.  Aside from the fact that my neighbor saw me sprawled out and came running over thinking that something was wrong, I also picked up a couple of Chiggers on one ankle.  The shower last night did not remove them, so it was "flashlight and knife" time this morning.   :-\

LeeB

Careful where you stab at them. I hope they're still on your ankle. :o
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

LaneC

Magicman, it is good to know you have folks watching out for you. There are a lot of folks who do not have anybody. I am glad they came to check. As far as the knife thing goes, try an ice pick :D :D

nmericle53

Blue dawn, vinegar and baking soda are good for many things. Not sure what amounts to use. Vinegar and baking soda will get grease out of carpet.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Magicman

PatD and I cut the grass at the Cabin yesterday and yup, DanG Red Bug! 

Darrel

We had some neighbors move in next door many years ago and we were playing outside turning somersaults on the lawn and their mother yelled at us to knock it off or we'ed get "all chiggered up".  We looked at her with such blank expressions on our faces that she just stood their and cried saying "You don't have chiggers, you don't have chiggers!  We've died and gone to Heaven".  We just thought she was weird.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!