iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

heavy set

Started by dustyhat, May 26, 2015, 07:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyhat

You guys with .55 blades , I here people running less set for hardwoods, but I find I saw better with more set, .30+ im running .55x 1.5x1" tooth spacing 4 degree , 4 cyl. gas engine . do you fellers run a lot of set in hardwoods. I guess this is a runaround ?.

bkaimwood

I currently run .055", 1.5", 7 degree, and cut everything hard or soft...great all around for me, behind 38hp diesel...I use this heavier blade in wider cuts, and uglier logs, but do note a slight difference in overall performance with this thick of a blade...its serves me well in said instances when I'm looking for more stability...but I do like dropping to a .050", rest of the specs the same, when things aren't ugly...I would think these things are more notable in a smaller gas engine? But every mill is different...hope I helped
bk

hackberry jake

I run on the heavy side and I only have a 20hp gas engine. But thats because I'm lazy and can get an extra sharpening before having to set again.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Thank You Sponsors!