iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

United by Sacrifice concert

Started by Jeff, May 24, 2015, 01:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Here we are! The Forestry Forum is a sponsor of the Coleman Veterans Memorial in the form of taking care of all their Internet needs. In thanks this year the Forestry forum logo is up on the foghat stage and on the event tshirts.  Hers a pic of stage and the roadies getting it ready.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ellmoe

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

goose63

smiley_clapping smiley_blue_bounce smiley_thumbsup_grin pinkie_invert
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

woodmills1

Did I get this right, Foghat as in fool for the city Foghat late of Savoy Brown?  Tap me I'm in.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jeff

Oh yea, that would be correct. Video when my phone charges. :)

Jeff

I wonder who this cat was cruising outside while Foghat was performing?

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Mooseherder

He's driving the brand that he advertises.  Like a Rock.

Jeff

Fooled you too eh? :)    That's Jim Bailer from Coleman.  He was a freshmen when I graduated. 8)  :D

Wildflower

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks Wildflower. I plugged in the head phones. They sound the same as the first time the song came out.

Info:"Slow Ride" is a song composed by Dave Peverett and recorded by the British rock band Foghat, appearing on their fifth album Fool for the City (1975). It also appears on Foghat Live (1977), which was their best selling album at over two million copies. In 2009, it was named the 45th "Best Hard Rock" song of all time by VH1.[1]

There are 5 versions of this song on the market. The original LP version from Fool For the City lasts 8 minutes and 14 seconds. The single version, found in several compilations was truncated to 3:56 with a fade-out ending. The 1977 live version is 8:21, the King Biscuit Flower Hour Foghat version is 10:37 and the 2007 live version is 9:44.

Jeff

She got fool for the city too.:)  that's one of my favorites.

WmFritz

I saw Foghat a couple times in or right after high school.

We were in Wisconcin for a vintage snowmobile flea market all weekend or we would have been there.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

fishpharmer

Thanks for sharing, sounded good.  Cool that ForestryForum took part. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Wildflower

Foghat's Fool for the City  at the Coleman Veterans Memorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yUjb-aCuKw
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jeff

It's time again!  I'm proud that we (The Forestry Forum) helps to support this memorial. I just turned the ticket sales on. Kickoff party tomorrow night!

Jeff

The Forestry Forum has helped sponsor the Coleman Veterans memorial for several years now by taking care of all its website needs.  This year, Tammy and I also became board members which means we now work the memorial day holiday and several days leading up to our major fund raiser for the memorial.  Last night we were there to help replace some of the memorial plaques on the flagpoles because of the galvanic corrosion from using brass plaques on the aluminum poles. I also got a hold of my sisters to come as we placed a brick for our Dad in the memorial last night next to the one I placed for my Brother in Law Pete two years ago.

Thursday the stage gets set up, Friday we put up fencing for the event, Saturday Beer tent and outhouses go up as well as other needs, and Sunday is the concert. THis year the headliner is Great White, although I like the opening acts much better, I'll not bew able to watch much but I'm sure I will hear them from where ever it is I'll be working from.  Its truly a personal honor for me that the Forestry Forum can be a part of this Memorial

Update Your Browser | Facebook

Magicman

Thank You Jeff and Tammy for your contribution toward keeping the memories alive of those who served.  Sometimes we need to remind ourselves: If not us, then who? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That is really nice. Positively thinking, it'll be there forever.  :)

Jeff

Today we are resting after a very full day yesterday. I was on the security detail, so a lot of time in the sun on a 90 plus degree sunny day. I'm pretty much toast on my neck and shoulders. I have a few pics I took when I had a minute here and there. Being security, I was backstage quite a bit. I got a pic of the band with the memorial after the crowds had left. There are some pics with us and the band, but I don't have them yet. We had 90 minutes down due to a line of storms in the mid afternoon.  We started at 7am and Tammy and I let at 10:30. 

All in all it was a very successful concert for the memorial.

Magicman

Wow, that was a loong but I am sure very personally rewarding day, plus all of the prep beforehand.   smiley_thumbsup

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!