iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had a great day

Started by woodman58, May 23, 2015, 08:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodman58

Today I went on my first portable saw job. I arrived at 8 AM. It took about 1/2 hour to set up the TK 1400.
The customer had himself and 2 brothers to off bear. We ended up cutting 1400 BF by 3 PM. Not bad for a semi manual mill. I have not cut a full day since I got the mill. Usually I only cut for a couple of hours a day. I never dreamed I would be able to cut that amount in a day. We had a lot of fun and I was able to make money at the same time. I am looking forward to cutting every weekend this summer. Next week I start 3500 BF. After that I start a job with 150 acres of trees the customer is cutting. Thanks again for the valuable info you guys have given me over the years to prepare me for this wonderful future. Saw on.
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

sawguy21

Good for you, problem is now you are hooked. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

justallan1

Sounds like you're happy and starting to make it profitable, I say congrats.

78NHTFY

...way to go woodman58!  Pretty great to use info/knowledge from this forum and apply it to make your future!  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

fishpharmer

Congrats, woodman58! Keep up the good work.  150 acres should keep you busy for a while.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Dad2FourWI

Way to go woodman58 !!!!!

That is what I like to hear!!! - I am still just sawing for our own needs but there is always the future!!!!  ;D

Next time you have to take at least a few pics!!!

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

bkaimwood

Amen dad!!! Love to see pics of you first few outings, especially the setup going on on that 150 acre tract!!!
bk

Magicman

Yup, if you turn out a good product, customers will find you.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 27, 2015, 10:06:35 PM
Yup, if you turn out a good product, customers will find you.   8)

( true saying )
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!