iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

shop dog

Started by Bruno of NH, May 22, 2015, 05:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Picking up a puppy on Saturday morning she is 9 months old and the owners cant keep her any more .
Have not had a dog for a year .
Lost my black lab to cancer last year at this time.
Cant wait i hope shes as smart as my last dog Max.
Been lost with out a dog :( :( :(

Thanks Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

goose63

Jim I would be lost with out my Hershey 

she is my buddy cant do any thing with out her being there with me
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

luvmexfood

I know about what you mean about being lost without a dog. My old beagle was getting in pretty bad shape. Three weeks ago he got in the road and killed. Still in the habit of looking to see if he is on the couch when I come in. Have a few pieces of meat scraps or something. He's not there to clean them up. Cat got run over two weeks prior to him. And I live 300 ft. or more off the road.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

WV Sawmiller

Bruno,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to hear you are getting another. My wife lost her German shepherd February last year. It nearly killed us both to lose her. I got my new fishing buddy/knock around partner about a year ago when he was 9 months old. The picture shows Sampson, my Rat Terrier with me and my 3 y/o granddaughter fishing Wednesday. Molly had a great time with him and he was real tolerant with her although he is real shy around other people than me and my wife.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

My lab Max went to work with me every day before he got sick .
Every one loved him , I think my customers liked him more than me !
All my venders would ask me if Max was in the truck because they wanted to she him .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Holmes

Looks like she has claimed a chair. Nice looking pup, have fun with her. 8)
Think like a farmer.

thecfarm

I lost a dog,man he was a good one. The wife just HAD to get another dog,That dog don't know much,don't listen,has no courage at all. But I still think the world of her.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Up date on the new pup.
She is very smart but a little skittish . Won't stay around the yard I hope I can fix this my old dog stayed around .
I don't like to hook my dogs up at home .
It's nice to have her !
Jim/Bruno

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

47sawdust

We lost our yellow lab,Buck, to bone cancer a couple weeks ago.We had a party for him the day we put him to sleep.All the kids and grandkids came over for a party.Buck got all the chocolate ice cream and cherry licorice he wanted and lots of love.
My wife and miss him a lot,not quite ready for a pup just yet.Good for you, that is a fine looking dog.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

red

Best way to get the dog to stick around is to have two dogs
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Bruno of NH

It's day 3 with the new pup .
Taking her in to the new Runnings store to buy her some things .
Hope she's likes it in the store .
She's warming up to me and the boss my better half .
Jim/Bruno

goose63

Quote from: red on May 24, 2015, 04:01:21 PM
Best way to get the dog to stick around is to have two dogs
When my dog is out side by her self she is just fine but let the other one out those DanG dogs go skunk hunting
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sandhills

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with that problem Goose.

Bruno of NH

Goose63 and sandhills knock on wood with all the dogs ive had never had one Skunked 8) 8)
Lets hope my luck holds out  ;D ;D
A pic of us heading into the store .
She was great and she loves kids .
If my last dog Max went into that store they would still be cleaning up he was a bull in china closet on leash ::) ::)

Thanks for looking
Jim/Bruno

Ken

Quote from: Bruno of NH
Cant wait i hope shes as smart as my last dog Max.
:( :( :( <br><br> Thanks Jim/Bruno
/quote]

The one sure thing I've found to ensure your new dog grows up to be smart is to spend loads of time with her and have her socialize lots with other people and other animals.  Hopefully she hasn't picked up too many bad habits in her first 9 months.  Training a puppy is hard work but very rewarding.  Good luck with her.

Cheers
Ken

Lots of toys for working in the bush

yukon cornelius

Sorry about the loss of your dog and congrats on your new one!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Bruno of NH

Its been one week with the new pup  8) 8)
She has a new name Smiley because she has an under bite so it looks like she's smiling all the time.
Smiley is very smart and runs like the wind we can let her run loose at the house now. :) :) :)
Brought her swimming  she can swim !
She's still a little skittish but getting better every day :) :) :)
I forgot how much work a new dog can be she tuckers me out ;D ;D
Jim/Bruno

samandothers

Bruno nice looking lab.  Sorry you lost the other.  This one sure is pretty, like the chocolate color. 

Farmer Bill

I learned this poem about 40 years ago.
SO TRUE

YOU CAN'T BUY LOYALTY THEY SAY
I BOUGHT IT THOUGH THE OTHER DAY
YOU CAN'T BUY FRIENDSHIP TRIED AND TRUE ,
WELL JUST THE SAME I BOUGHT THAT TOO.

I MADE MY BID AND ON THE SPOT
BOUGHT LOVE AND FAITH
AND A WHOLE JOB LOT OF HAPPINESS
SO ALL IN ALL THE PURCHASE PRICE WAS FAIRLY SMALL

I BOUGHT A SIMPLE TRUSTING HEART
THAT GAVE DEVOTION FROM THE START.
IF YOU THINK THESE THINGS ARE NOT FOR SALE
BUY A BROWN EYED PUP WITH A WAGGING TAIL

Author Unknown
If you happen to like Quality Poems : http://william-knapp.blogspot.com/

heavenforsure.com

thecfarm

Farmer Bill,welcome to the forum. A very nice and true poem.
What's your interest with wood?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Farmer Bill

My interests with wood vary. I have 7 acres of timber that have not been touched since my folks bought it in 1964 and it was large then. I love to look at it and smell the fresh air as I roam through the timber. So many different species to find out about.
Sorry for the late reply, but I am new here and did not see the message until just now.
If you happen to like Quality Poems : http://william-knapp.blogspot.com/

heavenforsure.com

sandhills

Welcome Farmer Bill, loved the poem, where are you from?

Bruno of NH

Smiley had a set back this week ran off got on the state road and ran after a car.
Had to go after her with the truck  :( :(
She's becoming a shop dog wants to wrestle the fein shop vac. :D :D :D

looking for a snack at the shop desk :) :)
Jim/Bruno

Just Me

I,ve often thought a shop dog would be kinda cool,, especially as my shop is now out in the middle of nowhere but I am a jumpy sort when working. I have cut off two fingers, well, the same finger twice really, when people come up behind me and scared me. I tend to concentrate entirely on my work. I'm afraid of an ill timed dog bark.

Larry

Thank You Sponsors!