iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Benches

Started by Bruno of NH, May 22, 2015, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Hi Folks ,
Building some benches out of some pine slabs i sawed up .
I hand planed them and left some saw marks in them for a rustic look .
On the 6 ft long one i used spar varnish and linseed oil on the 4 ft long one .

Goinig to make some red oak one next .
Thanks for looking Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thats really nice Bruno. The blue stain gives it some character  I can't wait to see the Oak benches,
Expect an increase in weight.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Andy White

Bruno of NH.
Fine looking benches there! Love the finish. How are the legs and stretcher attached to the seat? I will be cutting some RO slabs soon, and would like to try one of those.  ??? ??? ???   Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Bruno of NH

Andy
I used dowels to hold things together .
They hold good I use myself as a tester .
I'm a big man if it holds me it will hold any one . Ha ha
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mesquite buckeye

I like it. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

Very nice, Bruno.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

They look good. They would look even better at my place.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

very nice! I always love live edge!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Bruno of NH

I would like to try to sell some benches .
Do you guys think this style bench can sell ?
Thank Jim?Bruno

Magicman

I don't know the marketing potential for your area, but I do like the benches.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

78NHTFY

Bruno--nice benches!  Those will sell in your area: lots of lakefront summer places in need of benches for the folks to look out over the water at the scenery.  Put a couple at the local stores outside with: FOR SALE--BIG BAD BRUNO BENCHES!!  $ 300?  Ya never know.  Probably shouldn't listen to me: I've built a bunch but have given them all away....Good luck & all the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

jamesamd

They will sell,nice work.

jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Lud

They are nice benches.   One comment......Soften sharp corners and sharp edges.  Customer comfort and safety contribute to customer satisfaction.

An 1/8" round over router bit in a small laminate trimmer router lets me get rid off the "sharp" before I sand.  And nobody wants to deal with the kid with a gashed knee who ran into a hardwood square cut corner.  Bruised is one thing- cut is another. ;)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Thank You Sponsors!