iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats a 37 ford truck worth?

Started by Jeff, September 09, 2004, 06:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

In the Mar/Apr issue of "Wheels of Time" there is a 1939 1 1/2 ton Ford flatbed frame up resto all original engine. solid, sound etc in Calif $15,000
Just to help with your thinkin'.....
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sandmar

HMMMM......if you offered him 8k, then he met you more than halfway. Me thinks......yes that's right I do sometimes think......You and Tammy should be tooling around town in that bad boy tomorrow afternoon. Just my humble opinion mind you ::)

Sandmar

ScottAR

And I says to the blackjack dealer, hit me!! :D :D

So when you go pick it up, toot the horn for me...  

Does this mean Tammy gets to have a bus??   :D :D

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Norm

Whenever I have a dilema such as this I tell myself I'll sleep on it.

Never get much sleep though. :)

Corley5

For $9,000.00 you could buy a really nice enclosed trailer to haul your old engines, saws etc to shows and once unloaded you and Tammy could also sleep in it.  No more tent.  You could also pull it down the road 70+mph with your pickup.  That old Ford is good for what? 45 or 50mph ???   BIG Forum logos would look super  8) 8) painted on the sides.  Just thought ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Good point Greg, I have been thinking that and other things. I told Tammy this morning that I woke up thinking it wasn't the right move to buy it, at least now. I may just take a gamble that he wont sell it over the winter, let him store it, and if I think I still want it in the spring and he still has it, maybe make another offer. I follow my feelings and todays feeling is wait.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

rebocardo

> Trying to justify such a purchase

It would cost nothing to put on the road tax/fee wise,

it does not need an emissions inspection,

you can keep all the electrical parts needed to start the truck in the glovebox, which will cost under $50 including the plugs,

it will probably start with a quick swap of $50 worth of components after the EMI from a nuke blast toasts everything with a computer.

Jeff

QuoteIt would cost nothing to put on the road tax/fee wise,

Now its clear you dont live in Michigan! :D to buy it and register it to drive would be $540 to start. Not counting license fees. If  I wanted to drive it anywhere other then in a parade it has to be registered for what it is, commercial and the license fee there is around 500 a year.

etat

Hey boss, I found ya something.   I'm a thinking it's just what you need.  

Check out these features.

"The CXT combines towing, dumping and tilt bed capability with 220 hp and 540 lb.-ft. of torque. At six tons, its hauling capability is three times the payload of consumer pick-up trucks. "

"Buyers will be able to customise their new set of wheels with a leather interior with wood grain trim, reclining captain chairs, a fold-down bench that can be used as a bed, a DVD, and a rear-mounted camera for increased visibility behind the vehicle.'

"The International CXT is a truck for businesses that want to promote themselves as much as perform," said Rob Swim, a spokesman for International Truck and Engine Corporation. "If you brought this truck to the playground, you'd be king of the dirt pile."  :)

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040913/bs_afp/us_auto_truck
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Jeff

Quartlow

Wel without seeing the truck its hard to say what its worth, But I'll tell you this much. it's worth whatever your willing to pay for it. On the other had at at 9,000 your not going to get hurt on it.

As for the IH just what you need s super SUV  :D :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

rebocardo

Wow! That is a lot of money to put an old truck on the road. In GA it cost me $22.50 a year for my tags and taxes.

Maybe you should try driving it to make up your mind. Some people use to the newer trucks can't stand the loose feel, no power steering, no power 4 wheel drum brakes, no A/C, and the 50 mph of the older trucks.

For me, I like them a lot, especially for in town stuff.

sandmar

Hey Jeff..what ever happened to this truck? Itcame up in the random photos and got me to wondering.....still a slick looking ride  ;)

Sandmar

Jeff

Funny you should ask, as I ran into the owner at the West Branch old engine swap meet this past weekend. Monty still has the truck and is ready to deal now, he wasn't last fall. I think that I probably will keep my head out of the cloads on this one however. THe more we thought about it, the more this paticular truck does not make sense for us, with its mechanical brakes, unsinked transmission, its not really a good truck to drive anywhere other then maybe a parade up town. It would be cool to have though. :)

Ironwood

I think we are reliving and wanting to be on the "set" of the WALTONS TV show. Buy this and then you only need a big Frick mill to round out the set. Oh yeah you need to get a bunch of grandchildren running as well.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

gary

Start with a low price . You can always go up on your offer but you can't go down. His asking price probably
includes room for dickering

sandmar

I understand Jeff,was just wondering if someone was driving this beauty around yet. It being classified as a commercial vehicle you better check insurance if you get the bug again. I bought and old bucket truck to help building my 2 story barn...F-450 super duty.....unfortunately I did NOT check insurance first as my agent said it would be covered under my current coverage...NOT! Cheapest insurance I can get on commercial vehicle is $75/month  :o
Anybody wanna buy a bucket truck when I get through with it  :'(

Sandmar

Still wondering how much to Fed-Ex that '37 to GA would be. ;D.............some people never learn 
At least that's what my wife says  :-\

UNCLEBUCK

Smart man or woman that thinks and waits a day or so before buying something, very hard to do but well worth it than impulse buying .  Blew many a truck check impulse buying because boy I just had to have it , always ended up selling later . A new Forestry Forum truck will come along soon enough . A chance of a life time only comes around every 6 weeks ! Or on ebay every 6 minutes !  Must be light green with dark green fenders and boards to match the forestry forum logo !  ;D That one would have to be repainted , it was the wrong color ! Nice though  ???
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

sawguy21

That truck is a beauty. I can't stop drooling all over the keyboard :D However, it is really only a toy, a hobby. As has been mentioned it is not very practical as a daily driver and I would sure hate to see a fine restoration like that get beat up from bouncing logs off it. Sure would look fine with FF decals on it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!