iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much to charge to saw with my 1220?

Started by Dusty29693, May 15, 2015, 12:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty29693

I just bought a tk 1220 with a total of 26 feet of bed. Kinda new to cutting so I was wondering what would be a good hourly rate for a million of that size?  Any in put is wwelcomed.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dgdrls

Welcome to the FF, Dusty29693

Pricing is a business/regional thing, you need to know what your fixed cost's are
there are many variables to consider

There are some threads on the board
from folks who know much more than I about this very subject
If you can access it, go the the Business and Management section

Best
DGDrls

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Dusty29693.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Congrats on the sawmill and Welcome to the Forestry Forum,   Dusty29693.  There have been a couple of in-depth threads concerning pricing within the past couple of weeks.

Adding your location to your profile helps with answering questions.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

ofhttp://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,80992.msg1232620.html#msg1232620 lots of good reading in this thread,
I will add a welcome to you as well, and will just say sawing for a short while for your own with varying lengths and sizes will give you the best info in what you might need to charge and the time it takes to do the job,  hope your venture goes well for you,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thechknhwk

When I had my manual mill I used to charge $35/hr.

Thank You Sponsors!