iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Loader Truck question

Started by bshields, May 11, 2015, 10:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bshields

Hi-This 79 white truck was a wrecker -then a big stick was added-finally the unit as you see it was the final replacement alas no pump no hydraulics etc. It has pettibone cast into the outriggers however I cannot figure out what type loader is on it- no markings except the steel diamond sections where possibly a name could have been at one time or another. Any help would be appreciated! thank you brian

gjersy

Looks a little like an old Barko. The early Hoods copied Barko also
If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.

Loghauler86

I agree, looks like a Barko 80 to me

coxy

looks just like the pettibone loader a guy had here  can you take a few pic of the base with the swing gear  if its a bone loader they are rugged but vary hard to get parts for the loader should have been an off red/orange color  but what ever the loader is good luck with it and the truck  both look to be in real good shape

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

lumberjack48

Nice rig, i believe the loader is a Husky Brute. I loaded tree length with a one, it could lift one cd at a time, this is healing it out. It was a monster of a loader.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

treeslayer2003

if the structure is sound i wouldn't worry about who made it. they only make the boom and structure any way, hydraulics may be commercial or parker or such. any hydro shop can supply seals.

Thank You Sponsors!