iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM OpenHouse Mosinee, WI

Started by Dad2FourWI, May 10, 2015, 11:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dad2FourWI

We spent two very nice days up in Mosinee, WI!!

The first day was a Owner's Day and was geared for some great info on mill maintenance and how to mill the best lumber from your logs....

Steve Stanke, the WI Mosinee WM rep, did a great job demonstrating how to take a _really_ ugly log and turn it into some great boards, some ok boards, and what to do with the rest!!!!

JackPine, a "Lurker", Steve Stanke (WM Mosinee), Dad2FourWI

Scooter (the WM mill magician!) took us through the maintenance steps of our mills.... I am glad my wife was there to help me remember!...  :D   but he did a great job and slowly reviewed what to look for on our mills and how to align the mill, troubleshoot the hydraulics, and more than I care to write down right now!!! Much appreciated!!!

The next day was the Open House (show and tell) and my wife and I hooked up with Trapper and JackPine!!

We also met a FF "lurker".... this man has been reading all our posts for years, is a very successful sawyer, and _should_ be a FF member (Trapper, JackPine and I put the pressure on him to fully join the team) - he has a TON of knowledge to share!!!!.... hint, hint, hint... hey "Lurker"... are you reading this?!?!?!

We put the word out about the FF to other sawyers as well...

Potential member, "Lurker", Potential member, Dad2FourWI, Trapper, JackPine

A couple of great days of making lumber, sawdust and fun!!!!

A big THANKS to WM, Dave (national WM rep), Steve (WI WM rep) and all those that made the event so successful!!!!
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

beenthere

Dad2
Great to see you guys having a good time. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Peter Drouin

Looks good. I always learn some thing too when I go to an open house.  8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

Never been to one, but hear that there is plenty to gain from the rep's as well as the one that attend, looks like you fella's had a good time,  thanks for sharing.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I see you guys are still wearing your jackets.  :) Glad you had fun!!!  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Looks like a fun filled couple of days, plus meeting old and making new friends.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

Got to show the pink and green eggs to the grandkids from Illinois.  Wouldn't share them tho.  Again tried to talk Dad to go to the pigroast. The pictures would be much better had Dads wife been in them too.  She is a great supporter of his sawing.   
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thecfarm

It's always a great time to talk sawing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dad2FourWI

Always something to learn ... it keeps us young! ;D

Trapper, glad to hear about the eggs - they are 100% organic farm raised!! - we can swap eggs for asparagus next year!!!

As for my wife... I hate to admit... I think her sawyer eye is better than mine!!!  >:(  (and her memory is WAY better!!!)    :D

Yea... still a bit cold here in WI... a whopping 56 F right now.

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

Thank You Sponsors!