iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Corner Brace

Started by Magicman, May 10, 2015, 08:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

My Sister is traveling in Lviv, Ukraine, and sent me this picture of a corner brace.

Kinda neat.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

I like the carvings. Lapped joinery was quite common before the development of efficient boring tools.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

jueston

very pretty, thanks for sharing

BCsaw

Nice work, very cool! ;D
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

sawmilllawyer

Now that is impressive work.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

zopi

My wife had befriended the son on some big mucky muck in the agriculture dept in the Ukraine several years ago, and when he came to the states with is father he brought us some gifts..best bottle of vodka I ever had..he brought her a small carved wooden plate with a very similar design to that rosette..
Art and embellishment of utilitarian things is a big part of culture in that part of the world.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

AlaskaLes

Very cool design.
There seems to be no end to the variations in the world of timber framing.
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

Chilterns

Zopi,

rosette = daisy wheel.

Chilterns

Big Bad John

The corner post (knee brace) and post appear to be very straight grained old growth timbers. Beautiful design; nothing like Old World Craftsmanship. Good post.
After all the researching, planning, calculating,  reading, and contemplating, comes the easy part: building.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
― Laurence J. Peter

Trust, but verify.
― Ronald Reagan

Thank You Sponsors!