iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood bags and a firewood bagger?

Started by jayinwww, May 10, 2015, 06:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayinwww

I've been trying to look all over for any firewood bags or a firewood bagger. I emailed a few companies but no one seems to email back. I just need those disposable mesh firewood bags that are a good size. Bigger than gas station mesh bags. I even looked around for mesh vegetable bags but the only place that sells them is in the UK. I was looking for a supplier that would be closer.

I am also interested in a firewood bagger if it's possible to find one in north america.

Anyone have any ideas or alternatives by chance?

beenthere

jayinwww
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

You could help out by putting your location in your profile... then it will give others a general idea from where you are asking. 

What is a firewood bagger? Maybe some general description of what you are seeking, and what the plan is will help.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Stevens520

Ivan49

I looked for some several years ago and did not have any luck. You can get them from Europe but you have to buy a pallet at a time. When I was over  in Germany they would give them to you if you wanted them. They use them for everything. The ones I saw in use were full of gravel and other ones had cement blocks in them. Good Luck on your search

thecfarm

I worked for a guy that had a veggie stand business. He had mesh onions bags that he got somewheres. I think they held 30 pounds of onions.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Grizzly

www.hakmet.com has a complete package that we expect to purchase.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

KiwiBro

Max characters: 300

delgra

I use "Bag Supplies Canada", parent company is in the UK. I bag fire wood in orange onion bags holding about 22 lbs of soft maple for camp fires. I cut it 14" in length. They are in Stratford, Ontario at WWW.bagsupplies.com. About .26c Canadian per orange onion bag in lots of a 1000. They also have prettier bags in green with "Traditional Firewood" printed on them for .34c. If you p/u lots of less than 1000 are available. Best price I have found anywhere.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Use shrink wrap and a firewood bundler. Winds up costing about 6 cents to produce each bundle and if you get good at it you can do over 100 with a two person crew
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Geeg

Quote from: delgra on May 31, 2015, 09:25:59 PM
I use "Bag Supplies Canada", parent company is in the UK. I bag fire wood in orange onion bags holding about 22 lbs of soft maple for camp fires. I cut it 14" in length. They are in Stratford, Ontario at WWW.bagsupplies.com. About .26c Canadian per orange onion bag in lots of a 1000. They also have prettier bags in green with "Traditional Firewood" printed on them for .34c. If you p/u lots of less than 1000 are available. Best price I have found anywhere.

I use this company as well, I bought the Mosquito Vented Bag here http://bagsupplies.ca/index.php?page=ventedlogbags&loc=canada// and use the forks on my FEL to stack on pallets so that I can move them around. I just ordered some Mosquito Vented Cart Bag here http://bagsupplies.ca/index.php?page=ventedbarrowbags&loc=canada// to give them a try, can stack 4 per pallet and might be easier to manage.
Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

shawn55

I built 2 bagger's both with foot pedal's to dump. works great took me a bit on the first unit to get it just right. you wont see one on the internet like these. I looked for a long time. I will get some pics this weekend

CTL logger

Quote from: KiwiBro on May 15, 2015, 12:11:34 AM
http://www.dinobags.com/products/firewood-bags
I've used these bags I like them I'm wanting to do all my wood with these. I want to experiment with different length wood to see how much the will hold.

Thank You Sponsors!