iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Red Green Show

Started by JimY, September 08, 2004, 07:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimY

Now that the lastest hurricane is over and all the FFers made it through OK,  how about a fun discussion?

Who likes the Red Green show and why?  :)

Jim

P.S.  If you don't know about Red Green and the Possum Lodge community this might be a changing day in your life.  Sorry about the Dr. Phil-ism, I couldn't resist.  :D

Tom

Oh no-o-o-o!!

Now we have to dredge up all our old Red Green stuff. :D :D

I like the back-hoe he built best. ;D

Timberwerks

I like the Red Green show. I think it's because I can relate to a lot of things on the show. There is a bit of Red Green in all of us.

Keep your stick on the ice ;)
Dale

JimY

I'm sorry Tom.  Has this already been over-discussed in the past?  I've read some old threads but maybe I should have done a search first.

I enjoy the show because of his projects.  He has more imagination than I ever could.  I'd love to sit in on a brainstoring session for the show to help try and come up with a new project.  Great fun!  8)

Tom

Just 'cause we talked about him once, doesn't mean we can't talk about him again.   Ole Red has shown up in a lot of the threads over the years and I think even has one or two of his own ;D

I always like a guy who is "In Charge".  :D :D

leweee

As Red says " If you can't fix it with duct tape it ain't worth fixen" & "We're pullen for ya  cuz we're all in this together " :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Tom

It's the big one, 'lizbeth! ......  :-/....

Oops......
....hee hee..    wrong Red.  ......never mind.

JimY

You just gotta love a lodge whose motto is : "When all else fails, play dead."
Of course, they say it in Latin.  I'd like to claim I translated that myself but I cheated and saw it on the show's website. ;)

ARKANSAWYER

The show is hard to follow as the people talk fast and have a funny acent.  In alot of ways they remind me of Yankees.  Them are very clever boys and handy with tools and such.  Often there are some important issues addressed and the perspective of men upheld.  All in all "we are all in this together."
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Gary_C

For me, it's the man's prayer.

I am a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

;D ;D ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

bull

More Red Green Hey !!!  
Bring it on hey!!!   Go Harold !! 8) 8)

Ed_K

I've seen bits and pieces of the show at other friends before. But we don't have cable here (right now we don't even have a tv)  :'(. But I agree with the duct tape idea  ;D.
Ed K

bull

Ed      He's on PBS......

sprucebunny

Red is my hero. He'll wade into any project with the highest optimism and often comes to the end with a new definition of success :D
I'm not a fan type person but as an excuse for a trip, I went to see the show filmed in Toronto. I've also met Red in person at a NH PBS promotion in Durham,NH. They had a contest for what you could make out of "the handyman's secret weapon" I made a Christmas tree stand out of Molson cans, a tomato juice can and lots of duct tape and we were on TV with Red--my 15 seconds of fame!!!!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

slowzuki

:D  :D That accent would be Canadian not Yankee!  

I remember watching his and his wifes show years ago, smith and smith comedy factory or something like that!

The old red green show that used to be on CBC had the best adventures with Bill stuff :D
Ken

Quote The show is hard to follow as the people talk fast and have a funny acent.  In alot of ways they remind me of Yankees.  Them are very clever boys and handy with tools and such.  Often there are some important issues addressed and the perspective of men upheld.  All in all "we are all in this together."
ARKANSAWYER

SwampDonkey

The use of 'eh' at the end of the sentence is the maritimer dialect. If you go from this region to the prarie provinces for instance, they know your a maritimer. You can count on it. :D

Yes, as stated earlier you can pickup the Red Green Show on PBS TV, I know I view it occasionally on WMEM channel 10 in Maine. It is also on CBC on Thursdays, if I recall. I'm not a big fan of'm. There was a time he was out right cancelled from Canadian TV, and I think it was PBS that revived the show. Much like Mr Rogers was after being turned down here in Canada. Odd isn't it? Did you also know that Canadian radio is suppose to play a certain % of Canadian artist content, and its generally played late at night. Yup, we're an odd lot up here. ;)

Oh and Tom, I know that Red your referring too, if everyone else missed it. ;)

I know a 3rd Red, whose got the first 2 beat. ;)

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

Am I that old?  Red Skelton?   ;D
Say when

SwampDonkey

Roxie :D

Well I don't consider myself 'that old', but I've seen some of his movies and short skits. My grandfather was a big fan of his also.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

Don't forget Red Barber. He wasn't a comedian, but he gave us a lot of pleasure. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sprucebunny

Harold introduced Red one time as " The man who put the wood in Hollywood"
Love the one where he uses a 5' crowbar and a circular saw to change a headlight bulb.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

DouginUtah

There is quite a rivalry for first place between Iowa and Utah during the fund raisers for PBS. Red was out here during one event and as the intermission was winding down Red said, and I heard it live, "Okay folks, we're getting down to the short strokes, so pick up those phones."

I wondered at the time if anyone caught it. It was live so there was nothing they could do about it anyhow.

-Doug
(Actually I prefer Red Dwarf which always follows Red Green.)
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

JimY

Never heard of Red Dwarf, what's its story?

ElectricAl

Dougin Utah,

We normally get Winston Rothchild and Ranger Gord during the PBS fund raiser. But Red showes up every couple years. Two years ago Red showed for the debut of "Duct Tape Forever" on any PBS staition.

Iowa has won the donation battle 4 years in a row, but I missed last years show. Did Utah get the bragging rights this year?

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

SwampDonkey

Jimy:

I think Red Dwarf is a British sitcom with a sci-fi twist. I could never make any scense from it. But, I here its big with some of the youth in Britain. Especially, older Dr. Who fans. Now there's one for ya. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!