iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsawsforsawmills

Started by DanManofStihl, September 08, 2004, 05:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanManofStihl

My fieancee is going to get me a stihl 088 for my birthday(I think she is a keeper) always wanted one but could never justify getting one. I was looking online and I saw this web site I don't know if any of you have delt with them just wondering what you thought. $1095.00 for a stihl 088 with a 47 inch stihl bar my dealer wants 1700.00 before tax.
Two Things in life to be proud of a good wife and a good saw.

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

DanManofStihl

DanG

Checked out that site. Looks like some really good prices. I'd be going with the Husky, though because of the warranty situation.  Two years vs NO warranty makes a big diff. :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ScottAR

Sorry, dense moment there... :D ;D

I may be defecting to husky soon.  I love my 026 but I would like some more horsepower for an upcoming project.  A 360 runs about $530 by the local dealer.  A husky 359 is about $460ish at my work and $399 at bailey's.  I like to support locals in all but that big a $$ difference is kinda steep.  Opinions??
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Striker

From what i have heard and read the ms360 is a very good professional grade saw. I don't know for sure if the husky 359 is a pro grade saw or not.
The 360 has 4.4 hp and weighs 12.5 pounds.
The 359 has 3.9 hp and weighs 12.1 pounds.
Some say that husky's scales weigh lite.
Between the two I would have to take a long hard look at the 360.That comming from someone who prefers Huskies too.

Jeff

DanManofStihl

I have a 036 and that runs real well how big of wood are yoou cutting / how often I have 3 saws for all different aspects ms 180 for pruning an 036 for medium cutting and a 066 with a 36 inch bar for the big stuff.

woodbeard

QuoteMy fieancee is going to get me a stihl 088 for my birthday(I think she is a keeper) always wanted one but could never justify getting one.

That sounds like a reasonable justification for getting a fiancee. ;D

Or am I reading that wrong? ::)

Tom

That's how I read it, Woodbeard. :D

DanManofStihl

Yes she gets as many pets as she wants and I get my chainsaws she doesn't understand why I want that many saws and I don't know why she wants that many pets but I'm happy and shes happy like two pees in a pod so I keep my saws and she keeps the 5 pets.

ScottAR

Sometime in the next year or so, we'll be developing some property that has lots of overgrown fencrows and thickets.  Most clearing will be mechanized; excavator probably.  I will have to cut some around a few sensitive areas and hopefully have some sawlogs to buck up and be sawn by an FFer yet to be determined.  Probably 18-24in. max.  

I'm after more power than the 026 has in a similarly sized package.  I don't have a need for firewood so that's not part of the scheme.  

clear as mud?? ???
Scott
[Magicman]

MemphisLogger

Scott,

We'll bring our 55 and 372 up to your neck o' the woods to play.

And if'n ya have some logs to saw, we'll bring the BIG orange saw too.  ;D
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

ScottAR

Thanks for the offer! I'll be calling when it's closer to time...

Maybe I should get one of those fiancees so I won't have to think about these things so much...   :D :D :D
Scott
[Magicman]

DanManofStihl

Yeah thats the way to do it get you one of the good ones that wont complain because you have got 6 or 7 saws.

Thank You Sponsors!