iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic question

Started by WH_Conley, May 07, 2015, 08:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

I have a John Deere 710B backhoe. A couple of weeks ago it just quit. No Hudraulics, brakes, power steering. Nothing. After some investigating I found that it had a charge pump in the bell housing. As it was not getting any oil to the main pump I was told that it was probably the charge pump. Turned out it was a "Torsion Damper", looks like a clutch, just bolted solid. Finally got parts and got it back running today. I still have no hydraulics, brakes or power steering. I will move forward and reverse. Getting oil to the front. What could be wrong with this thing now?
Bill

Logger003

I'm not familiar with the back hoes does the pump run off the front of the engine and if it does is the coupler slipping on the shaft

lopet

If there was a sudden stop of the hydraulics it's most of the times a stripped spline shaft. Very common on tractors, combines, lawn mowers etc.
Can you find out if the main pump is turning when engine is running ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

WH_Conley

It is turning. The reason it quit to start with was the "damper" striped out. The damper goes where a clutch should but is bolted solid.
Bill

Gary_C

Most likely the pump is air-locked. Try cracking a hose and bleed the air out of the system
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

WH_Conley

Just walked in to get a drink. It started working just as I was getting ready to check for dirt under a valve.
Bill

Ohio_Bill

Glad you got it fixed.  Hope it wasn't to expensive.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Thank You Sponsors!