iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Planer

Started by Klicker, May 05, 2015, 06:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klicker

Yesterday I took a drive one and half hours to look at a planer. My thought had been to break it down and put it in the trunk of my Jetta.  But a20 inche planer does not fit. There was a couple of other guys there buying some other stuff we got talking and it was another sawyer from near me so he offered to put it on his truck. So I am off with my trailer to get it soon. Photos soon. It will need some cleaning.  8)
2006 LT 40 HD

Magicman

Sounds exciting.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jemclimber

Congratulations!!!   I sure do enjoy having a 20" planer as I'm sure you will too.    8)
lt15

Klicker

No Photos yet I got it home last week. It is outside covered with two tarps I uncovered it yesterday and started to clean it up. Any ideas on the best way to clean rust off deck and rollers It needs  blades resharpened  and a new set as I have to send them out to be sharpened. I had planed to put it in my shop but decided to build a 8x8 shed with doors on each end so I can run what ever I want through it. Rod
2006 LT 40 HD

gww

My uncles planer is 240 volt and so it kinda dictates where it is used with out updating the electric.
gww

Klicker

This is also 240 it just means more wire. I will most likely run hot water heat also it will be with in ten feet of my shop. Rod
2006 LT 40 HD

sealark37

A 20" planer in a Jetta is a mis-match any way you twist it.  Regards, Clark

sealark37

A 20" planer in a Jetta is a mis-match any way you twist it.  Regards, Clark

Klicker

Sealark37 would you believe a few people that know me think I push the limits on some things try. You might be amazed at what will fit when you take them a part and use seabelt to hold them in place. I might not have bought it if there was not a truck going my way so it must have been meant for me to have. Rod
2006 LT 40 HD

Thank You Sponsors!