iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw Dust Dogs

Started by redbeard, May 02, 2015, 11:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

We sure are happy with our two Boz Shepard's there almost 5 months old a good 55 lbs each. Customers,Kids and there dogs all love them too! There super smart around equipment and visitor traffic. They come up and greet you then they leave you alone. I really like that quality. There livestock gaurd dogs but easily adjust to land variant gaurd dogs thats there job hear is to protect us and property. Not sure if they will be as big as the father dog but should be good size and there extremely athletic, they can run a coyote down no problem. Burgalurs too!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Grizzly

They look so laid back and content I'm having a hard time picturing the athletic part!  :laugh: 

So are these part of the crew that would be used to protect sheep? When we go ahead with the sheep flock we need something capable of handling lots of coyotes and a few wolves. I'll take care of the bears.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

redbeard

Turkish breeders developed the Boz for the laid back temperament. Keeps the herds calm and relaxed. There track record for detouring and expiring wolves, coyotes,  Bears even Mountain lions is well documented. Iam new to this breed there's lots of good info on internet. Utube has a lot too.  https://youtu.be/3ayDXV-1zpI  Boz Shepard's controversy should be considered. Linage is very important
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

sandhills

Very pretty dogs for sure, I've never been around them.  Our "guard" dog is Miley which has the same qualities you mentioned other than being the typical Mastiff she's a leaner  :D

scsmith42

We have a Turkish Kangal that's around a year old now.  His temperament sounds similar to the Boz.  Also bred for livestock protection; at one year he's around 120 lbs!  We expect him to top out close to 150.  Very sweet dog too.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

redbeard

(Max) the father of the Mother of our pups has some Kangel in him. From what I been reading The Boz is made up from Kangel, Malik and Anatolian dogs my male pup has Kangel features in the head and nose. The more I study the lineage of where my pups are from I can spot the features. Kangel are awesome ( super dog) strong!  Poston  will have to talk about the goat  :D

isawlogs

I have two brown labs... best couch guards one can ever wish to have  :) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D I know N O T H I N G!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

So David......... You didn't tell us that you had kid over at RedBeards house.   :D

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on May 03, 2015, 08:36:12 PM
So David......... You didn't tell us that you had kid over at RedBeards house.   :D

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

:D :D :D Shhhhhhhh!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Looks like a "doggone goat" to me. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

I also have a saw dust dog.

al glenn

redbeard

Boz Shepard's are 9 months old now and Chase is 120 lbs. Haley is 100  there starting to get some muscle on there bones. Amazing gaurd dogs and really good with customers n kids. We have too keep gates closed cause if they lock on to something there gone and can cover a great distance in no time. I do have them trained to stay away from gates when customers let themselves in. They love to hang out by mill and there favorite spot is sawdust pile.

scsmith42

Here is Ricochet, or "Shea" for short, laying in a pile of red oak shavings fresh from the Peterson.  She is a 6 year old Belgian Malinois that we rescued as a puppy.  Her coat blends in pretty well with fresh red oak!

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!