iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sandwich Top?

Started by Magicman, May 02, 2015, 10:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, the top bread slice of a sandwich is the same as the bottom, just another slice of bread.  But does the top always have to be put on the same as the bottom?  Would it taste the same if the top slice was turned a different way from the bottom slice?  Toward the side or heaven forbid, toward the bottom?  Maybe keeping them turned the same way keeps your stuff from falling out?  But that is what your Miracle Whip or Mayo is for.  It's the glue that holds your stuff in and keeps the sandwich stuck together.

I do not believe that I have ever seen, and I know that I have never made a sandwich with the bread slices turned differently.  OK I give up.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pabst79

I believe that a grilled cheese tastes better cut diagonally, then being cut square. But your idea...Hmm I guess there's only one way to find out.  :)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

drobertson

The dryer side always gets the mayo, or mustard, pretty elementary in this.  And a good one, not counting a burrito, the good stuff will always fall out the sides and end, but this is what forks and fingers are for ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SwampDonkey

I sometimes use the one piece flat bread and wrap it up, no content loss when chewed, unless it runs off your lip. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Buck

How bout those slices of bread that have a big hole from an air pocket in the dough.  You know the ones that let the goodies leak out all over the place. Sometimes this condition will require rotation or thought process for layering.   huh-smiley
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

DanG

Don't eat the holes, Buck.  They will give you gas.  ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Magicman

Yup, I remember dodging those holes Buck.  Da "glue" drips out.  You hafta make a whackwich.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Magicman, are you referring to a 90 or 180 degree rotation of the top slice in the horizontal plane (assuming sandwich is being presented as such)? Personally, that would be unspeakable. The OCD sandwich gods would not only frown upon that, but would most likely send a neighborhood dog to steal your sandwich and devour it deep under the nearest porch when you turned to take a sip of your purple drank. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sandhills

Alright I thought maybe it was just me but now I think you're all losing your minds!  You HAVE to line the slices up!!  :D

Magicman

Yes, exactly.  Wouldn't the taste be all wacked up if the top and bottom slices were not together?  Maybe that is something that I need to do in front of some of the Grandkids to see what their reaction might be?  Or maybe in private to be sure that there are no lasting mental effects.....but who would know??   ???

sandhills

:D :D :D Please let us know how that turns out Magic  :)

Magicman

Hey, this is serious stuff here.  smiley_headscratch Maybe I need a pointy hat and a stick with a star or something on it??    smiley_jester

Magicman

OK, I asked Marty about turning the top bread slice, and he said "NO WAY" !!  That it would cause a thermostroptical timewarp continual.  The Earth would become misaligned with the gravitational pull and would be thrown completely out of orbit.  I had no idea.  :o   Heck, I just thought that it was two pieces of bread.

ScottAR

So long as it's not a bread heel sandwich you should be ok....  In the case of the already mentioned delicacy nothing should be left to chance. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

thurlow

Have never.....knowingly....misaligned the top and bottom slices, but I suppose it might/might not matter......depending on what kind of sandwich we're talking about.  My favorites.....in no particular order:  hot souse, cold roast beef, peanut butter and jelly, pimento cheese, bacon/bacon lettuce/bacon lettuce tomato and maybe a couple more.  I LOVE mayonnaise (Hellman's canola) and slather it on, but often put mayo on one slice and mustard or horse radish on the other slice, depending on what kind of sandwich.  Okay.........I lied;  my FAVORITE is one made with bacon.  About 10 years ago, I started cooking bacon in the oven..........on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper; will never go back to cooking it in a skillet. 
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

sandhills

I tried to tell ya, you HAVE to line the slices up!  Unless of course the misalignment of gravitational pull would help my back  ;D

js2743

When using just one piece of bread and you fold it does it have to be folded so the top aligns or does it matter. i noticed today seems like i need it folded till the top comes together.

21incher

Just cut the crust off so there are 2 square pieces and the problem is solved. ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

When I made my sammich for yesterday, I resisted the urge to turn the top.  I was afraid that my customer might see it and make me quit sawing.  :o 

Magicman

OK, today was a good opportunity to give it a try.

I started with ordinary sammich fixin's; honey wheat bread, Kraft Sandwich Spread, French's mustard, shredded pepper jack cheese, lettuce, and black forest ham.  Nothing wrong with that so far.

Next, I closed it up with the top and bottom slices facing opposite directions.  :o  Immediately I noticed that some of my "stuff" fell out, and more did as I took bites. 

Actually the taste was kinda the same, but due to the loud Locust "music" that we have I could not hear whether turning the bread caused any weather or emergency sirens to go off.  I am thankful that I did not try this experiment close to midnight.  Messing with a sammich is scary stuff.  :o

WmFritz

After seeing that last picture, I think there must've been some sort of time shift and I've stepped into an Alternate Universe!   smiley_hourglass
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sandhills

That's just scary, I keep trying to tell you all but as usual nobody wants to listen  :D.  I just wish now that you did it that the gravitational pull thing would kick in and fix my back  ;D

mometal77

Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

luvmexfood

I bought a new loaf of bread called "Bunny Bread". Each slice is about an 1" taller than normal bread. Pretty good and makes a little larger sandwich.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

redprospector

Quote from: Magicman on May 03, 2015, 10:39:22 PM
OK, I asked Marty about turning the top bread slice, and he said "NO WAY" !!  That it would cause a thermostroptical timewarp continual.  The Earth would become misaligned with the gravitational pull and would be thrown completely out of orbit.  I had no idea.  :o   Heck, I just thought that it was two pieces of bread.
Hmm. That could explain a lot of things that have been happening in this old world in the last several years.  :o
You may be onto something here.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!