iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help stihl 078?

Started by brucec, May 02, 2015, 09:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucec

Hi all. im looking to mill some fencing with Alaskan mill and someone locally is selling the whole setup, but before i buy i like to do some homework on the saw however i cant find a thing on the saw its a "stihl 078" dose anybody know what the CC's are and how easy parts are to get.

thanks

JohnG28

I'm not sure there was an 078, there were 075 and 076 models. Likely on of those, probably an 076. Around 110cc +/-, can't remember exactly at the moment. Would probably be a decent milling saw if it runs well. Not sure about parts on those old saws though.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

brucec

okay cool thanks, i wanted to post a pic but i cant figure out how to do that on this forum  :-[ yah im hoping that parts wont be an arm and a leg, he wants $300 for it not bad price

JohnG28

If you search the forum you can get the instructions to post pics. Not hard once you read it through and try it. Hope it will work out for you. Welcome to the forum also.  :)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

JohnG28

SawTroll

There never was a Stihl 078, even though there are a MS780 on some markets (a demoted version of the 880).
Information collector.

beenthere

brucec
You have successfully loaded three pics in your gallery. No need to put more there, but just to move the one you want from your gallery to your post. You can click on the line below this posting window "Click here to add Photos to post" and then when the window opens, go to the tab that says "My gallery" and click the pic you want to post. Can delete the duplicates, but not the one you use in your post.
Use the preview button before save, to see what you are going to post up.

Hang in there, you have it but don't realize it. ;)

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

brucec

Quote from: beenthere on May 02, 2015, 10:27:40 PM
brucec
You have successfully loaded three pics in your gallery. No need to put more there, but just to move the one you want from your gallery to your post. You can click on the line below this posting window "Click here to add Photos to post" and then when the window opens, go to the tab that says "My gallery" and click the pic you want to post. Can delete the duplicates, but not the one you use in your post.
Use the preview button before save, to see what you are going to post up.

Hang in there, you have it but don't realize it. ;)

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

OMG thanks a lot, that was nice of you to help out

Thank You Sponsors!