iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trying to be patient

Started by JKitchens, May 02, 2015, 08:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKitchens

Almost three months ago I ordered a bandsaw sharpener, setter, band blade roller, and an edger from Cooks saw. I can't wait till they call me to come pick it up! I'm really hoping it will work with my mill set up and up production.

Magicman

Hello JKitchens, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  How about adding your location to your profile and also you can edit and flip your picture.  For a second I thought that you were laying down on the job.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 02, 2015, 08:37:49 PM
For a second I thought that you were laying down on the job.   ;D

He's trying to shake the sawdust out of his ear.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bozzaa69

Why's it taking so long? Usually they ship right out. They behind on making the stuff these days?

JKitchens

The salesman told me they were 3 months behind on edgers and 6 months behind on sawmills. Apparently they're swamped. I was thinking about getting a hydraulic mill from them but I really don't want to wait that long.

Magicman

I see that FF member @yarnammurt lives very close to you.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Alligator

I live 5 miles from their location. I have known them, from a distance for years. They are great folks, that have grown a saw sharpening business in the 70s into a sawmill, saw  manufacturing business. I'm sure that with the fluctuation in the economy and their since of loyalty to employees once they are hired, that if the are hit  several sawmill /edgers in a short period of time they try their best to maintain a staffing level that allows them to insure quality, and continue to employ their staff once hired. (i.e. growing pains) This is a rural area where everyone knows everyone else. So when you hire someone you probable know their aunt, uncle, two or three cousins. In this case you don't want to hire someone for 2 months just to lay them off 3 months later. They are good people. Call and talk to one of the Cooks. They aren't executives in some office on the third floor they are working to insure they meet their orders everyday, just like their employees.

Google Earth point attached
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

4x4American

Must be the time of year.  When I ordered the sharpener/setter it took maybe 5-10 days
Boy, back in my day..

Alligator

All that being said, 3 months. I WOULD call and talk to one of the Cooks. I can understand the edger, but the sharpener, setter, and rollershould be shipped.
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, JKitchens!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

JKitchens,welcome to the forum. What you got for a mill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JKitchens

I figure they should be calling me any day now. I have a little Hudson all manual mill. I'm wanting to upgrade so bad. And also thanks for welcoming me to the forum everyone.

Ox

Welcome to the FF!  You'll like the Cook's equipment.  It's good stuff.  Rugged, simple, heavy.  All good things IMO.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

AlaskaLes

We purchased a Cat's Claw; roller guides; dual drip-lube systems and 40 blades from them last Fall and it was shipped pretty quickly.
Seem like some great people and the tools and parts are top notch.  Also, I'm really liking the supersharps.  I've only sharpened a couple of blades so far, but the sharpener is very well thought out.
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, AlaskaLes.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!