iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

excited and new

Started by dustyhat, April 28, 2015, 09:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyhat

hello  everbody , i guess you know im new here not to milling but to computers. just wonted to holler. ill be picking brains pretty soon. just as soon as i get the hang of things here.

SawyerBrown

Well welcome dustyhat!  Pick away!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Magicman

Hello, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum, dustyhat.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Pa Pa Jack

Welcome to the addiction. This place is habit forming.

justallan1

Dustyhat, welcome to the Forestry Forum. Lots of good info to be had here from a bunch of great folks.

Ox

Welcome!  This place is the best source of knowledge for anything to do with wood.  You'll love it!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

dustyhat,welcome to the forum.
Not new to milling? Do you own a sawmill? or??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, DustyHat.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

slider

Welcome Dustyhat,where are you from.What mill do you have,and what will you be sawing.al
al glenn

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Dustyhat!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dustyhat

Thanks for the welcome everybody, yes i have a mill i custom built, its all hyd. the engine is a four cyl. jeep industrial, it has plenty of power and some, i run inch and a half blades 0.55  and i can make them do strang things sometimes.my worst problem is smoking the drive belts. i saw some custom but mostly ties. im 42 years old and been around circle mills the biggist part of my life, my dad started running one the year i was born. i worked  in a machine shop that worked on lots of mills and parts, and now i have a small shop of my own. so i guess logging and milling is just in my blood.

shakebone

Hi and welcome !  Don't worry by the way sawmilling is whole lot easier than posting pics on here for!me only took a month to figure it out  :D
Lt40 super desiel , LT 35 hyd , New Holland ls 180 , Case 75xt ,
So many logs so little time.

beenthere

Quote from: shakebone on April 29, 2015, 09:30:05 PM
Hi and welcome !  Don't worry by the way sawmilling is whole lot easier than posting pics on here for!me only took a month to figure it out  :D

Any idea why your pics are so different? Like it is screen capture or a camera shot of your screen. Just wondering... as you may be as well. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!