Previous topic - Next topic

1967Stroker

i started on one a few weeks ago. hope to post pictures, when i figure it out

Hilltop366

Welcome, hope you figure it out!

1967Stroker

well its got 16" wheels and will run a 153" long blade

thecfarm

1967Stroker,welcome to the forum. Lots of building going on lately. What's the plan for the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

1967Stroker

1967Stroker

build a small cabin to live in and get away from rent

fishpharmer

Welcome to FF 1967Stroker!! Nice setup you have going there.  What part of MS?  I'm near Meridian.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

1967Stroker

first built one using to back half of a snapper lawn mover. lol. it would work but to much adjusting to get it to track. so scraped that idea and started over.

1967Stroker

Quote from: fishpharmer on April 26, 2015, 08:56:22 PM
Welcome to FF 1967Stroker!! Nice setup you have going there.  What part of MS?  I'm near Meridian.
im in philly.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, 1967Stroker, and congrats on the pictures.  Looks like you are NE of Carthage.   ;D

Will the pillow blocks be below the head frame to give you a deeper throat opening?  Just curious.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

1967Stroker

it will be flipped over. just got it laying upside down figuring things out

fishpharmer

Looks more NW of Carthage. 

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

1967Stroker

2000 pound winch and 4 pulleys will raise and lower head.

1967Stroker

32" between post so maybe i'll get to cut around a 28" log

Magicman

smiley_thumbsup on the "flipped over".

Sorry, NE of Canton and due West of Carthage.  I cheated and looked at his profile pin map.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

It really looks stout!  What horsepower motor will you use?

1967Stroker

brand new 8hp right now. but might need to change it later. but i got my speed of feet per min, figured out. full engine power should be around 4700 FPM

fishpharmer

The blade speed will be just right.  8hp is a good start, you find that you will always want more. ;) :)

1967Stroker

worked on my guides this evening.

fishpharmer

The guide supports look great.  Woodmizer and probably most other mill manufacturers recommend a 1/4 inch of downward force below the plane of bandwheel travel.  That's on each side.  It appears that you have enough adjustment for that.

fishpharmer

Here's a good video showing blade guide roller alignment on a woodmizer.  About 3:00 minutes in is most relevant.  The 1/16" offset of in/out adjustable roller side of blade is for woodmizer cantilever head design only.

http://youtu.be/QDcmW2IgFXg

1967Stroker

going to build the slide guide tomorrow.

1967Stroker

thats the slider guide i fixed today. almost ready to tear it down and finish some welds and paint it, then get it back together.

fishpharmer

1967Stroker

thanks. i can't weld. lol. but i do ok.

Thank You Sponsors!