iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Selfie

Started by Magicman, April 25, 2015, 09:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I had to try taking a "selfie" but I guess that I did something very wrong.  All that was on the memory card was a picture of an old gray haired man, so I deleted it......
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andy White

Lynn,
At least you had the memory card in the camera!!! Technology looses me.    Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Den Socling

I have to wonder myself, sometimes. I see people my age and I'm sure that I don't look as old as them.  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I wish everyone would post their Selfie. This is like Faceless Book. :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Den Socling on April 25, 2015, 09:37:14 PM
I have to wonder myself, sometimes. I see people my age and I'm sure that I don't look as old as them.  :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I know what you mean Den.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Magicman

OK, here is one for you Goat:  Goat Butts Cow
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I need 15 ADVIL  :D :D :D :D :D :D. That Goat made that cow's MILKSHAKE,  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Now I can't breath!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WH_Conley

What's a memory card? What's a selfie? ???
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The cow got the butt end of the deal..... :D :D :D :D :D Nap time...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now I lay me down to sleep
I hit a Goat and off my feet
Hoping soon to get back up
and never again to challenge his butt!..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

yukon cornelius

I don't look in the mirror often. as a matter of fact we spent a good part of a year without one up in the house project. when I see myself I am generally shocked because I cant believe how old I have gotten and rough I look.  :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: yukon cornelius on April 25, 2015, 10:07:40 PM
I don't look in the mirror often. as a matter of fact we spent a good part of a year without one up in the house project. when I see myself I am generally shocked because I cant believe how old I have gotten and rough I look.  :D

You may need a De-Barker.  :D :D :D :D :D

4x4American

Quote from: yukon cornelius on April 25, 2015, 10:07:40 PM

At least you don't have to look at yourself  :D

Boy, back in my day..

ND rancher

Hey Yukon,37 isn't old, look at the age of most of us!! I know what you mean about the mirrors thou, I looked at myself last fall and said what the H---- happened! Grief is worst than getting old!!!!!!
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

gww

I may not be as old but I make up for it by never combing my hair.  I don't look in the mirror.  The bad thing is I can have black grease on my face and my wife doesn't tell me.  I don't look in the mirror and she don't look at me.

And by the way, all those butt jokes just get my goat.
gww

yukon cornelius

Quote from: ND rancher on April 25, 2015, 11:18:05 PM
Hey Yukon,37 isn't old, look at the age of most of us!! I know what you mean about the mirrors thou, I looked at myself last fall and said what the H---- happened! Grief is worst than getting old!!!!!!

I cant imagine what grief like that would do to me. Its not all just the age though. High mileage!  I must look rough, we were in home depot and the guy there asked if we had our own tv show or something. then the UPS guy at the house picking up a package asked if we were one of those live off the land people. I said yep or would like to be anyway.

mm I don't think I have ever done a selfie. I don't even know who I would show it to
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Ljohnsaw

I don't have a smart phone, just a plain flip phone - but it does take pictures.  Somehow, my pocket knife activates it - sometimes I take 3 or 4 selfies a day, of the inside of my pocket!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thechknhwk

Quote from: ljohnsaw on April 25, 2015, 11:50:04 PM
I don't have a smart phone, just a plain flip phone - but it does take pictures.  Somehow, my pocket knife activates it - sometimes I take 3 or 4 selfies a day, of the inside of my pocket!

Just as long as it doesn't catch your hand in there  :D

thechknhwk

I'll go first for all you confused old timers.  ;D  (I took this as a joke to send to my daughter earlier today - honest)

Chuck White

Quote from: Den Socling on April 25, 2015, 09:37:14 PM

I think most of us feel the same Den.  ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Just go to a class reunion.  Bunch of old gray headed farts.

Texas Ranger

I think we have a stalker, that same white headed old fa....fella was looking at me this morning. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

JohnM

My grandmother made it to a 103 years old.  From her early 90's on every time I'd see her she'd always say, "Never get old, John."  I'm trying grandma!  Father Time has other plans though I think.

Btw, MM, I honestly think that cow is dead! :o ;) :D  That was too funny! :D  Goat's name has got to be Tyson, right?! ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

bama20a

Being called ol'man does not bother me,That means I didn't die young ;D
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Chuck White

Every once in a while, some youngster will say to me, "you're getting old"!

My snappy come-back:  It beats the alternative!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jim_Rogers

When Uncle complained to my daughter that he was getting old, my daughter told him "Well it's your own fault....." :D ;D ::)
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

sandhills

Not sure if the cow's dead but pretty sure the goat wasn't feeling much better  :D.

trapper

When the clerks at fleet ask if I want help loading water softening salt or cat food I ask them if they want to carry it downstairs for me too.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

petefrom bearswamp

Magic, I had the same thing happen to me, I thought I was the only smartphone ignoramus.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

thechknhwk

You sally's scared of a picture of yourself. ::)

Brucer

Quote from: Magicman on April 26, 2015, 08:02:25 AM
Just go to a class reunion.  Bunch of old gray headed farts.

And they keep repeating the same stories they told at the last reunion :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

Yup, I did and they were.   smiley_old_guy

POSTON WIDEHEAD

4x4American

When was the last reunion you went to, MM?
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

2011 was our 50th high school reunion.

Didn't but five of us show up.  The rest were lame, lazy, cripple, and crazy.  We have another scheduled for June 11th and we are expecting two.  The same two of us that showed up for our 40th.   ;D

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!