iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey Dad

Started by yukon cornelius, April 25, 2015, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

That was for those of you who don't have a young one around. my little henry has had the whole day to himself with me and I have several thousand "Hey dads" to spare so I thought id give this one to you guys.

soon enough he wont have many "hey dads" for me so I will eat them up.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandhills

Magicman

Savor the moment.  Thankfully, I still hear that phrase.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

346xp

Eat them up all you can I lost my son in august he was only 20 years old. love them all you can because you never know!!!!!!

samandothers

346 XP sorry for your loss. So young.

Yukon
I still get them from my 28 and 23 year olds.  You still have a few though they may have different questions or statements after them.

Gearbox

My girls are 40 & 43 I still hear hey dad  followed by my car is . I still love to hear from them . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

21incher

It is even better when my grandson is over and I hear hey poppy all day. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

I offer my sincerest condolences,   346xp.  I can not even imagine.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

X2
I hear them at 49 and 51. And I hear Grandpa from the 6 grand children. That rings well in my ears.

Bugs me some when a daughter-in-law calls me "Dad", as I am not. Prefer that I'm called by my first name by my in-laws. Try not to let it bother me tho...

A very close friend has lost both of his sons (car accident and cancer) and just recently his only SIL ended his own life. He hurts, a lot.
Is an "extended parent" to his 6 grand children,
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bama20a

X

Bugs me some when a daughter-in-law calls me "Dad", as I am not. Prefer that I'm called by my first name by my in-laws. Try not to let it bother me tho...

I'd feel proud,
they think enough of me to call me Dad,But that's just me..
[/quote]
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

yukon cornelius

Quote from: 346xp on April 25, 2015, 05:40:30 PM
Eat them up all you can I lost my son in august he was only 20 years old. love them all you can because you never know!!!!!!

Sorry for your loss! I know you will be reunited in heaven one day!

I do love to hear it! I hope it brightened someone elses day as much as the "Hey dads" brighten mine.

Magicman

It's interesting (to me at least) what I am called.  Our oldest Daughter calls me Poppa, the next Daughter calls me Daddy, and our Son calls me Dad.  All of the Grands call me Pop. 

red oaks lumber

my "dad" hasn't heard that name since i was 16. i have a great relationship with my son who still calls me dad :)
346xp
i can't imagine the pain of losing a child. hang in there !!
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WH_Conley

346xp, sorry to hear that. I just can't imagine.
Bill

sawguy21

Quote from: beenthere on April 25, 2015, 07:58:17 PM
X2
My dad always referred to his FIL as dad, never knew his own. My DIL sometimes catches herself calling me dad, I consider it a real complement. Her hubby is my step son, I love him like my own.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

timberlinetree

346xp I'm so sorry to hear of you loss. Our deepest condolences for you and your family.

Gotta love every min that their young it goes by to fast.

Marcia when talking to the dog refers to me as crampy. I guess I'm getting  smiley_old_guy

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

coxy

346xp sorry  for your loss     both my daughters say it all the time one is 8 the other is 18 the 18 year old says it more as she is always saying hey dad can you buy me this or that  :)

drobertson

I call Dad bout every day, and the kids call me poppy, not sure where that all started? but love to here it,
346xp, I really am sorry to read of your loss, just a heavy burden to carry, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

Very sorry 346xp, my neighbors lost their first son, 16 year old to a car accident and their last in Iraq to a bomb, I can't even begin to comprehend how anyone can deal with losing a child and hope I never have to, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
As far as names go my wife is 47 and still calls her dad "daddy", I call him Wayne  ;), but I'm Pat, so is my mother inlaw, and so is my brother inlaw on that side, makes holidays and get togethers interesting  :D.

346xp

Thank You all its been pretty tough to deal with

Corley5

I started calling my son Zach "Hey Zach" after being called "Hey Dad" so much  :D ;D ;D  We still do it  ;D 8) 8)
  Sorry for your loss 346XP  :(  I couldn't imagine losing one of my boys.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

346xp, Wife Judy and I offer our sincerest condolences. The pain will never go away, and can only be tempered by fond memories. We too lost our oldest son, 13 years ago, he was also in his 20's. If you ever need some one to reach out to, or just listen, call me.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Farmer Jim

Our youngest is 7, also a Henry, and every sentence starts with "hey Dad..." 
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  J.B.Books

yukon cornelius

A few days ago I got a "Hey dad, hey dad, hey dad" I say "WHAT HENRY" and he says "your my hewo (hero)" ......I melted a bit and felt bad for responding irritated. I think my lesson for that day was patience.

ozarkgem

I here "hey poppy" a lot from my grand kids. My grandson started calling me that when he couldn't say PaPa. I love it. My 33 yr old daughter still says "hey dad"
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Thank You Sponsors!