iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ticks

Started by 4x4American, April 24, 2015, 10:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

So far I've pulled 2 ticks off the dog in two days, and flicked one off my pants today while I was eating lunch on a stump.  They're here so check yourselves! 

I have the Lyme's Disease so I try to make it a point to check for ticks every day.  Have any of you found them on your head?
Boy, back in my day..

luvmexfood

Yep. Was drying off this morning after taking a bath. Noticed something dark in my belly button. Thought dirt or lint. Gave it an aggresive rub and it was a tick. Had been attached and fed a little. To late to worry about trying to get it to back out.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

OntarioAl

Picked up two of the little suckers handling bagged hose coming off a forest fire 40 miles north of Kenora Ontario. Found them after taking a hot bath at the motel I was staying at.
Did I mention I HATE TICKS !!! taz-smiley
Al
Al Raman

4x4American

I hate ticks too!

luvmexfood, so you just let the tick hang out in your belly button?

Boy, back in my day..

luvmexfood

NO! When I rubbed it real hard it came out. Thought it was stubborn dirt or something. Flushed it.

goose63

Went for lunch felt some thing on my belly sure enough DanG tick looking for lunch he didn't get any
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

luvmexfood

Must be the year for belly ticks. HA... ;D

4x4American

So are you folks with the belly ticks innies or outys?  I wonder if that plays into the factor
Boy, back in my day..

woodmills1

are they worse than wood ticks?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

goose63

Quote from: 4x4American on April 27, 2015, 07:22:59 PM
So are you folks with the belly ticks innies or outys?  I wonder if that plays into the factor
mine is a flatty
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

4x4American

Never heard of a flatty before!  My belly button goes in so far that a few ticks could camp out in there, drink some beers, have a party, and I wouldn't know!
Boy, back in my day..

sandhills

I've found 2 crawling on my belly so far this spring, I say I'm an innie, my wife says I'm an outie, so I guess that leaves me as an in betweenie?  ;D

Magicman

A news clip that I read said that the abundance of ticks is due to the abundance of snow that insulated the ground and provided optimal survival conditions for ticks.  Doesn't matter here because we do not get enough cold anyway.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

grweldon

Can you get Lyme disease from just the standard southern "brown tick"?  I've been bitten a few times before and twice this year.  My wife says I need to get treated with antibiotics for 30 days... I think she's over-reacting.  What do y'all know?
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Dave Shepard

I believe only deer ticks carry Lyme Disease.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Stevens520

Lyme disease from deer ticks and rocky mountain spotted fever from the brown ticks.

21incher

Quote from: grweldon on May 05, 2015, 04:15:32 PM
Can you get Lyme disease from just the standard southern "brown tick"?  I've been bitten a few times before and twice this year.  My wife says I need to get treated with antibiotics for 30 days... I think she's over-reacting.  What do y'all know?
If you do not feel right a visit to your doctor is worthwhile. He will know what diseases the ticks in your area transmit and most likely do a blood test. My wife and I have both had Lyme disease and it is not something you want to mess with.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

You have been mighty quiet for a year and a half, Stevens520.  How about an intro thread and telling us about your wood, tree, sawing, lumber interest.  Adding your location to your profile also helps.  Welcome !!!   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

you can also get human anaplasmosis from a deer tick or black legged tick
Boy, back in my day..

Sixacresand

Ticks.  One of the un-joys of Summer. :-[
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

sprucebunny

I've been painting a house in my small town all week. Had to lie on the ground to scrape the bottom clapboard.
Found a tick near my armpit when I was lying in bed last night and another this morning on my hip.

YUCK !!! I really hate ticks.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

enigmaT120

Our cats get them sometimes, as does my wife.  For some reason they don't bite me, though I've found some crawling around looking for a more tasty location. 

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

OntarioAl

I just have to wade back in here.
Earlier in this thread I mentioned being bitten by a tick at a forest fire I neglected to mention that it was this spring not 2 weeks ago. The wound on my butt was red and irritating. Needless to say I sot medical attention and my Doctor put me on antibiotics with a blood test due on the 28th of this month. He informs me that there are up to 7 different types of bacteria that tick can transmit.
I said before and I'll say it again I HATES TICKS  taz-smiley taz-smiley
Al
Al Raman

clww

I've pulled eight off me this week, and two last Friday. In 2014, I had a total of two.
I'm thinking it's going to be a hot summer. ::)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

grweldon

I pulled 2 ticks off my son last night.  He was clearing some brush all day yesterday.
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Thank You Sponsors!