iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not a good start to the day

Started by okmulch, April 24, 2015, 08:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okmulch

Trading out mulch trailers at Cedarmans sawmill and loaded trailer decides to layover and take a nap while empty trailer was being backed in.
Road gave out on dolly.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

sandhills

Ouch  :-\.  I hope the day gets better!

Hilltop366

Makes you want to go home and go back to bed!

You need some planks for the legs. I bet you already thought of that.

Take care.

okmulch

This is on the driver for the company that trades the trailers out. All we have to do is offer some assistance for what ever their needs are.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

sandhills

I think the "needs" part just got a lot bigger  ;)

Cedarman

The company that buys our mulch has been doing so for 20 years.  Average 1 load per week.  So that is about 1000 loads.  We always use planks when they park  for the week.  When they leave, they park the full trailer on the road, never use planks as there has never been an issue.  Driver didn't park where he should have.  I attribute it to driver parking error.  But in any case, not a good day for the mulch driver.  Be interesting how they handle this.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

sandhills

I wasn't trying to offend anyone (hope I didn't), lord knows I've done more than my share of things like that, hope everything turns out alright for you and the customer.  I have a neighbor that turned too short with a loaded grain trailer, it didn't go over but they had to unload it in a tricky spot to get it out, worst thing was this happened while we were having a harvesting bee for another neighbor that was terminally ill with cancer, I really felt bad for him but stuff just happens sometimes.

sawguy21

We had that happen with a fuel trailer that was not properly blocked, the landing gear punched a hole in the front compartment and spilled 6000 liters of Jet A on an embankment right above the Fraser River. You should have seen the commotion over that one.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Cedarman

Took a $550/hr 80,000 tow truck to flip the trailer back on its feet.  Junk now.  They backed the trailer up to our small mulch pile we keep for locals.  We will unload and keep.  Getting paid for the mulch and keep it too.  We spent several hours helping get it upright.  No winners here.

Sawguy, glad the fuel stayed at a low temp.  Sounds like a bad deal.  Makes ours look like a picnic.

sandsawmill14

we had a mulch trailer turn over and off of a tipper that dumps the trailers last year :o. it turned completely bottoms up other than tearing dollys off didnt hurt  it much  we are still using it :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

okmulch

Nothing a 75 ton rotator can't fix.

Magicman

I believe that I parked in that log/lumber yard on the left when we visited Cedarman at the mill.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

That's a lot of mulch Cedarman, do they bag it all and sell it that way?

Cedarman

Sandhills,  they sell most of it bulk.  They unload with skid steers I think.  They get it from one other mill in Ky.  We send them about 4 to 5000 yards per year.  Some weeks when we run hard we make 2 of those.  Hardwood mills make a whole lot more than that.

MM, you parked on that side, a little closer to the mill.

Magicman

That is what I thought. ;)  It is neat to see pictures on here and know that you have been right there.  OWW had one recently showing his new shop's doors.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!