iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Reached the limits of my mill this morning

Started by warren46, April 23, 2015, 01:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren46

A customer wanted his log slabbed with a live edge.  Said the log was about 28" diameter.  Not a problem.  The problem was that the 28" was the small end.  The other end was 33 1/2" at the center and there was a big split out of one side so my choice of my opening face was pretty limited.

I had to remove the chip deflector and the bracket for the coolant line so I could move the roller guides out as far as possible.  I managed slabs that are just over 33" wide.  I think the customer will be satisfied.

Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Magicman

Looks like you "overcame" and managed very well.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ga Mtn Man

Looks like that Timber Harvester is serving you well.  Nice job.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Thank You Sponsors!