iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hog Hunt 2015

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, April 22, 2015, 08:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

This years hog hunt was near Bedford PA. This place is a hunting preserve, 600 acres fenced in where he brings in exotics and hogs. These hunts are like going to a free range farm and picking up your meat direct, but you get to shoot it. Make no mistake tho, these hogs are not tame. My brother's girlfriend Lisa took the biggest hog. This hunt was a spot and stalk. We saw her huge hog down in the creek and the guide warned us that it was not safe to get near this bad tempered dude. So Lisa shot him. I am very curious to know how the meat is.

From left to right, Me, Lisa, Gerald and my brother Chris.

I love hunting with this Marlin 1896G 45-70. 

They skinned and quartered the meat for me which filled 3 48 quart coolers. I took it from there.

So of course I had to throw a chunk on the BGE for a nice 6 hour smoke.

Diane says this tastes better than store bought pork. I agree. This isn't wild hog, more like free range hog. Delicious.

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

tule peak timber

lean looking. Makes my mouth water! :)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

drobertson

Looks like a fantastic time,  and a pile of meat!  I've only had "free range breakfast sausage"  but as you said,  very tasty!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Mooseherder

Holy Hog, the one in the middle is a monster! :o

Thank You Sponsors!