iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Temporary greenhouse

Started by chet, April 21, 2015, 08:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

My seed starting operation has outgrown my space for grow lights. My big greenhouse is unheated, so night time temps can get too cold this early in the year. The solution; a temp greenhouse attached to the overhead door opening on my shop.

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

I like the greenhouse and I like the plants.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Pretty good Chet...I likes it!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

Chet, those plants look pretty large, when did you start your seeds?   Great greenhouse too!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

samandothers

Verrry cool!  Or should say very warm and creative.   Nice solution to the issue.

chet

This is what it looks like today.  :-\ 

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WmFritz

Chet, our place place just below da Bridge looked like that the first week of April. Last week I thought I was in a dust bowl it was so dry...even had a fire ban on. This week back to snow.  :-\ :-\ :-\
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

OneWithWood

Nice solution.
Build greenhouse, bring on snow  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

21incher

Nice job on the greenhouse. I could use something like that as I have about 250 plants that are outgrowing the capacity of my grow lights. Looks like the planting season is going to start late this year. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

chet

Quote from: OneWithWood on April 23, 2015, 02:38:08 AM
Nice solution.
Build greenhouse, bring on snow  ;)

When da plants first went in da snow was still almost waist deep, but we lost it pretty quickly this year.   :) 

Quote from: 21incher on April 23, 2015, 07:39:55 AM
Nice job on the greenhouse. I could use something like that as I have about 250 plants that are outgrowing the capacity of my grow lights. Looks like the planting season is going to start late this year. :)

Actually we are running right around normal. My plan is to get my early Cole crops in at the end of next week.

Thank You Sponsors!