iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

self injection

Started by red oaks lumber, April 20, 2015, 08:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red oaks lumber

met with my rhumatolagist today (again) the medications i have been taking for my phsoriatic arthritis  quit working a couple months ago, the pain throught out my spine had gotten to the point my wife could see i was giving up ;)  never under estimate the power of pain to mess with your mental state, and not for the good :)not to mention the pain in all my other joints was killing as well.
the next step of treatment is thru self injection with humira every 2 weeks, i'm checking to see if the insurance will cover it . hope so cuz its $80 grand a year :( i gave my self a shot tonight ,gotta say i'm not a fan of it but, if it makes my pain subside and my out look brighter its worth it  :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Magicman

Ouch, I know that diabetics do it but still ouch.

I wish you the best.  Our Daughter has Rheumatoid Arthritis plus Fibromyalgia, so we know that pain is no fun.  She had a nerve burned (killed) last week that is supposed to give her some relief at least until it regenerates itself.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Lindy has been using Humera for about 8 years now. She hates the shots but can hardly get by without them. There is a program from the manufacturer to help if the insurance will not pay and sometimes even if it will. really knocks the cost down. I don't know how we would do it without insurance.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

red oaks lumber

@leeB  does lindy have any side affects because of the drug?   

LeeB

Red, only some problems with her monthly cycle, but now that she is past that stage of life nothing else.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Stacy just flat out can't do it. She has to have a shot of Methotrexate once a week for her phsoriatic arthritis so she meets up with her mom somewhere during the weekend to have her do it. Her insurance won't cover humira.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Humira seems to have some side effects regarding infections. ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

It is an immunosuppressant and does cause some people to be more susceptible to certain infections.

Adalimumab binds to tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFα). TNFα normally binds to TNFα receptors, which leads to the inflammatory response of autoimmune diseases. By binding to TNFα, adalimumab reduces this inflammatory response. Adalimumab has been approved in the United States for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, moderate to severe chronic psoriasis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis.

In rheumatoid arthritis, adalimumab has a response rate similar to methotrexate, and in combination nearly doubles the response rate of methotrexate alone.[1]

Because TNFα is part of the immune system that protects the body from infection, treatment with adalimumab may increase the risk of infections.

Lindy has never had any higher incidence of infections because of it, or not that we could tell. The doctor does advise her to get a flue shot each year. The flu is one of the infections that she is supposedly more susceptible to. TB is supposed to be another. Apparently I have been exposed to TB at sometime while overseas because I had latent TB(had the virus but not infected by it) and had to be treated for it so she would not get infected if my latent TB had ever become an actual TB disease. Latent TB is not comunicble and only developes into TB disease in about 5-10% of people infected with it.

red oaks lumber

yesterday i "applied" with my insurance carrier to see if humira treatment will be covered. what a fiasco ;) guilty till proven innocent :) the dr. warned me about lung infections, working around farm with hay dust and other air borne particulates.
i hope i'm covered and i really hope the drug works cuz the way i feel now ,well lead is cheap  :(

LeeB

Don't even talk that way brother. There are other avenues to get the stuff if your insurance won't pay. There are programs that help with the payments.
http://www.abbviepaf.org/pdf/AbbVie_PAF_HUMIRA.pdf
http://www.spondylitis.org/patient_resources/assistance_programs.aspx
here's a few places to start. Your doctor also get's free samples. Talk to him/her and see if you can get some help until you can arrange something on you own. Even if your insurance does pay, they may make it troublesome to continue getting benefits. Again, you will need your doctors help to convince them that you still need the treatments. Lindy has to get proof from the doctor every 6 months saying she still needs it. The fact that she has been taking it for 10 years doesn't seem to mater to the insurance. Just means we have to pay a co=pay for the office visit every 6 months. Probably a good thing where hard headed and stubborn Lindy is concerned or she will just try to not go to the doctor when she should be.

thecfarm

red oaks lumber,you are way too young to have all that trouble. I know we all have to make a living.
At my other job there was alot of smoke,I was not feeling good,but no idea why. Besides using an inhaling many times a day,I was fine.  ::) Things happened and I took a voluntary layoff for more than a month. What a difference is how I felt. I never went back and I feel so much better now.
Good luck to ya.
I have no idea about the links that was just posted,but I had some meds that I got free from the company. Yes,I had a few forms to fill out every year,but it sure did help.Seem like the government gives money to research drugs,so the companies have to give some back as free drugs.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!