iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look what a 6x6x12 post can be turned into.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 19, 2015, 08:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Pouring down rain today.
Bored.
Went to the mill and sawed a 6x6x12 into 1-1/2 inch boards.
This didn't take but a short afternoon.
I will at least keep rubbing the Tung Oil in everyday for about the next 3 days. This Cedar is soaking it up pretty good and I'm delighted at that.
The Tung Oil sure makes the colors POP!  :)

So with that being said, hope you enjoy looking at my Sunday afternoon Coffee Table.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ESFted

That's a beauty!  Thanks for the build pics. smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

beenthere

That one is a keeper... or is it $300 ??

Looks great, and some creative too.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Very productive day David.  It's beautiful. ;)

Andy White

David,
A really productive day for sure! I love the design and the mass. Very substantial. The thru tennons are a great feature. One day I will have some Cedar to whack on.  You may have 300.00 worth of tung oil on that thing when you finish!     8) 8) :)  Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Andy White on April 19, 2015, 09:39:59 PM
  You may have 300.00 worth of tung oil on that thing when you finish!   

:D :D :D

Magicman

Yes David, to your "Sunday afternoon Coffee Table".   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sandhills

WDH

You sawed that and built it in a short afternoon?  Wow.  My hat, if i was wearing one, is off to you (old saying).

How did you attach the breadboards?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on April 20, 2015, 07:20:23 AM

How did you attach the breadboards?

Its screwed from underneath. The wood was dry as a bone. Before I glued and screwed I used clamps to keep everything tight together.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Holmes

Think like a farmer.

samandothers

Very nice. Very creative and good use of a wet day!

21incher

Great looking table. Hard to believe you made it in a day. Can't wait to see the 12" x12" x 12' post project.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

LaneC

That is very nice. Do you just use the tung oil, or do you put anything else on it? It looks great like that, it is very nice.
Man makes plans and God smiles

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: LaneC on April 20, 2015, 11:03:15 PM
That is very nice. Do you just use the tung oil, or do you put anything else on it? It looks great like that, it is very nice.

Nope....I just use the Tung Oil.  :)

redprospector

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

RobSC

Wow, that's a beautiful table. If that comes from boredom, imagine what you could do if actually set out to get something done.   :D

justallan1

Lazy logger

I know the voices in my head aren't real,but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

Deese

ehhh...it's okay I guess  ::)

Just kidding man that's really nice
:) :) :) :)
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Deese on April 21, 2015, 05:19:20 PM
ehhh...it's okay I guess  ::)

Just kidding man that's really nice
:) :) :) :)

You can't get my Goat Deese.  :D :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!