iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I finished my homemade sawmill

Started by jeremyt19, April 19, 2015, 04:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyt19

After piddling for 11months on it, i am almost done. I used a 14hp motor, 1 inch acme threads, 19inch pulleys, cooks blade guides. I can cut 25inch wide and 17 foot logs. I cut my first log and it cut great. It even surprised me! This is my first posting, can anyone help me post pictures?

Magicman

Hello jeremyt19, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

For pictures look:  HERE  It's the last item at the bottom of the Index Page.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jeremyt19

jeremyt19

What i have left is a lube system,a few clamps and understanding the sawmillin' lingo. ha!

terrifictimbersllc

Look at those square straight corners.  That's how you tell. Congratulations!  8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Ocklawahaboy

Klicker

2006 LT 40 HD

21incher

Welcome to the Forestry Forum jeremyt19. Nice job on the mill. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Nomad

The build and the sawing look great!  But I'd think hard about some blade guard covers if I were you...
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

downsouth

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

78NHTFY

Welcome.  Impressive; nice work 8)!  What an intro to the Forum -- looks like you have things to teach us.  :P All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

gww

fishpharmer

Nicely done Jeremyt!   Welcome to FF 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

jaygtree

really nice. i'm impressed. welcome to ff.   
i thought i was wrong once but i wasn't.   atv, log arch, chainsaw and ez boardwalk jr.

Dad2FourWI

Looks very nice    jeremyt19 !!

Nice clean work!

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

hackberry jake

Lookin good! Next is a pineywoods log turner, band sharpener, and band setter.  8)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

thecfarm

jeremyt19,welcome to the forum. The lube system can be simple,gravity,with 2 valves,one to adjust it just right and one to turn off and on. New to sawing? And yes on the guards for the blades. I know you wanted to make sure it sawed good,but now take the time to cover the blade. I've had a few come off,mine is manual like yours, and things can happen fast. That looks good!!
What's the plan for the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DMcCoy

Nice clean build!  Congratulations!

fishfighter

Nice and welcome. Looking forward to more post.

jeremyt19

Thanks for all the comments. I got a lot of ideas from yalls mills.Well i got some quotes to get some wood to build a 26x26 barn and it was kinda high so i thought i should just go ahead and build a saw mill. I got $1200 in it. I feel like that was pretty good for what i got.

brianb88

That's a nice looking mill you built.     :) 
Measure twice, cut once

gww

I hope you post some pictures of the barn build also, That way I can turn even greener with envy.  So now the real work begins.
Good luck
gww

Thank You Sponsors!