iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I have never seen this but you may have.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 18, 2015, 09:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Went over to another LT40's house today to repair a problem
The guy that runs this sawmill also has guys building things out of all types of wood.
This guy is NOT in my market and we are friends and help each other. We are only 4 miles apart.

They had taken 2 kiln dried Walnut slabs...planed.....the live edges were turn toward the center of what will be a table top.
The slabs were connected with rebar the same way you would use biscuits. Then the crack was filled with concrete with wire mesh in it.
He said the concrete would be stained in conjunction with the wood and look great.

This will be a conference table in a Lawyers office.

I have just never heard of this.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jim_Rogers

Wood will move, concrete will not. It will open along the edges.

My customer puts in a piece of glass so it looks like a river with the round edges being the bank-ens.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on April 18, 2015, 09:47:07 PM
Wood will move, concrete will not. It will open along the edges.

My customer puts in a piece of glass so it looks like a river with the round edges being the bank-ens.

Jim Rogers

I agree Jim...but I just report them as I see them.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Left Coast Chris

Walnut does not move too much length wise and the rebar will limit seperation.  It might do o.k..     Width movement is not a problem.  Sealing real well top and bottom will help also.   Some embedded stones or leaf imprints would be a nice effect also.  Hope you can go back and get some pics of how it looks when finished.  Very creative.   :)   
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

red

Lawyers Office.  . . also known as The Jimmy Hoffa conference Table
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!