iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

special day, 56 and counting

Started by pineywoods, April 18, 2015, 12:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

56 years togather today. I brought her a dozen red rozes. Thinking about just sitting on the front porch in a rocking chair and watching the world go by. Naa, I'll probably go work in the shop (rain all day) and make some more oak flooring I need for a project. We have had an interesting life from any perspective. High school sweethearts, we got married in the building that is now my workshop. Lived in 21 different places from the gulf coast (Mobile, Ala) to the canadian border (Opheim, Montana) east coast (philly) to pacific beaches(Cambria, Ca). and a few places in between..Raised 2 kids and 3 big ole grandsons, one great grandson. Now comfotably retired and pretty much do what I want to when I want to. (There's a few limitations on that  ;D ) Life is good, and the best part is friends and family..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pine

Congratulations on 56 years.  Having a great wife is a wonderful thing.

bucknwfl

Congratulations.   It does not happen like that anymore

Buck
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

sandhills

56 years, that's awesome Piney!  Congratulations to both you!

fishpharmer

Congrats to you Piney and Mrs. Pineywoods! 8)   
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

smiley_thumbsup Piney... I'm close behind you.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Glad to read this Piney. Hope you guys are able to get back over to a pig roast. We can have another birthday party. This year, the day of the pigroast is our 35th.  Now, back outside to moving my barn. AGAIN.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Piney,

Congratulations to both of you. Have you got her trained yet?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

redprospector

Congratulations Pineywoods!!!
It's a blessed man who has a good wife.  ;)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Magicman

Congratulations to you Wayne and especially to Nelda.   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Pa Pa Jack

Congrats!!! Connie and I just celebrated 46 years on Wed. Of course she tells everyone SHE has been married for 46 years and when I grow up I will be too.

samandothers

That is fantastic!  Sadly you do not hear of too many relationships like that today or seems so.   My bride and I are also high school sweet hearts but only at 32 years so far.

r.man

Congratulations. were the roses a first date thing?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pineywoods

Quote from: r.man on April 18, 2015, 08:32:44 PM
Congratulations. were the roses a first date thing?
Naw, nothing like that. First date was an ag club fish fry. I borrowed dad's 47 ford pickup, barely scraped up $1 for gas. If I had carried roses, I would have had to steal them off grannie's prize rose bush.. ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bill Gaiche

Congrats Piney and to the wife. You wouldn't have looked good with cherry switch marks on the back of the legs if you had stolen them roses. Enjoy all the life you can. bg

Roxie

You and Mrs. Piney are so blessed to have each other.   smiley_love
Say when

trapper

Congratulations  I wish I could say that.  Fortunately the one I now have will be forever.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

dgdrls

Best wishes and congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Pineywoods

DGDrls

justallan1

Piney, Congrats to the both of you.

drobertson

Congrats mr. and mrs, Piney!  it's nice to read about folks like you two,, wishing you many more years together, I kinda like the part about doing what you want, when you want ;D  pretty sure most of us know what that really means :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

Congratulations. My hat is off to the two of you. I've got 18 more years to get that far along. I don't imagine I'll make it to 56. I plan on retiring in 9 and I figure Lindy will shoot me a few months after me being home all the time.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!