iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Missiouri

Started by bucknwfl, April 18, 2015, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucknwfl

Heading up to bolivar MO this weekend for a quick trip. If I have time would live to stop in and visit or see some of the set up along the way

Thanks

Buck
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

drobertson

Had a nice visit with Buck today, and figure it, I forgot to get a pic,, nice visit, just too short,, I will say this Florida fellow has a pretty good recipe for deer/jalapeno/cheddar snack logs, pretty killer stuff,  and a real working knowledge of timber management and practices.
Its always refreshing to get a different prospective from other areas across the country.   Thanks Buck for taking the time to say howdy,, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

What, no pictures !!!  Congrats on the visit.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Glad he made it to Missouri and didn't get lost through Missiouri  ;D

Always good to meet another FF member, put a face to a name.
Boy, back in my day..

bucknwfl

Quote from: drobertson on April 24, 2015, 07:27:34 PM
Had a nice visit with Buck today, and figure it, I forgot to get a pic,, nice visit, just too short,, I will say this Florida fellow has a pretty good recipe for deer/jalapeno/cheddar snack logs, pretty killer stuff,  and a real working knowledge of timber management and practices.
Its always refreshing to get a different prospective from other areas across the country.   Thanks Buck for taking the time to say howdy,,

David it was great to meet you. Thanks for allowing me and the wife to stop by and see the mill and what you are sawing. Sorry for slowing up the production. It is always nice to meet great people.  Thanks David

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=6453&pid=180880#top_display_media

bucknwfl

Finally got a turkey with the help if my wonderful wife

Will_Johnson

Buck were you hunting in Australia?  :D

bucknwfl

Quote from: Will_Johnson on April 27, 2015, 10:10:53 AM
Buck were you hunting in Australia?  :D

Ha.  I wish.  The great state of Missiouri.  Met some really nice people while I was there.  Beautiful country  all the people I met were very nice

Thanks

Buck

Kcwoodbutcher

I don't think he got the relevance of the upside down pictures. Around my farm you don't have to hunt turkeys, they're so tame you can walk up and choke them.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

bucknwfl

Quote from: Kcwoodbutcher on April 27, 2015, 03:35:40 PM
I don't think he got the relevance of the upside down pictures. Around my farm you don't have to hunt turkeys, they're so tame you can walk up and choke them.

Hey Kc. I don't mind strangling a turkey or too and my wife would like to try as well. She still has both of her tags. We can come back next year just point is in the right direction

Buck

Kcwoodbutcher

I'm sorry I can't let anybody hunt on the land. It's a stable and there are horses everywhere. The turkeys are like pets now. They scratch through the manure pile everyday and then come up to the barn and beg for grain. I figure by next year they'll be eating out of my hand. I have a regular flock of about 13 but I've had close to fifty meander through the property at times.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

bucknwfl

Thanks. They are some beautiful birds up there and now I know why you are feeding them so well

Buck

Thank You Sponsors!