Sponsors:

Obstacles

Started by bucknwfl, April 18, 2015, 11:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucknwfl

17 in a button but only 4.5 ft long

If it was easy everybody would be doing it

Magicman

17 is a huge number to be still carrying around.   :o  Our Timber/Canebreak rattlers are black toward the tail, where that Diamondback seems to get lighter?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bucknwfl

They loose some of the lighter colors later in the year.  It was the most I have ever seen. Plenty of 12 and a couple of 14    17 is the most
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

fishpharmer

The snake is just trying to comply with OSHA and EPA regs, 17 is a safety feature ;) ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WV Sawmiller

That's about the most I believe I ever heard of one having. They normally break off and start over way before that. We have very few of them up here, no cottonmouths and not too many copperheads. I don't even bother them unless close to someone's house with children or pets. If out in the hayfields or woods I just leave them alone now. I killed my share and then some as a kid along the Escambia River swamps and along the Suannee River, Albany Ga when in USMC, etc.

Hope this one did not cause any problems.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Roxie

Say when

JohnM

Quote from: bucknwfl on April 18, 2015, 11:52:32 AM
17 in a button but only 4.5 ft long

ONLY??!!!  That's about 4.3ft too long for my tastes.  Where's the heebee jeebees emote? smiley_spider drop
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Thank You Sponsors!