iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

346B overheating ?

Started by lumbertick, April 17, 2015, 09:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumbertick

2005 346B with a 4 cylinder john deere.. Can't seem to find what is wrong with it? We have changed too and bottom hoses, thermostats, water pump, even did the test through the radiator to see if it was a head gasket. Nothing is working... We are taking radiator out in the morning to try to clean the inside of it... Its aluminum?

Any suggestions would be great.

1270d

lopet

Did it appear gradually or did it change from one day to the next one ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

snowstorm

Quote from: lumbertick on April 17, 2015, 09:28:48 PM
2005 346B with a 4 cylinder john deere.. Can't seem to find what is wrong with it? We have changed too and bottom hoses, thermostats, water pump, even did the test through the radiator to see if it was a head gasket. Nothing is working... We are taking radiator out in the morning to try to clean the inside of it... Its aluminum?

Any suggestions would be great.
bubbles in the radiator?? did this happen all at once? is rad covered with grease and oil  any coolant in the engine oil??????????you would have to drain the oil to tell

GRANITEstateMP

Did you replace the Rad. cap?  If it's a pressure cap that can make a big difference for little $...
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Ed_K

Last yr my 3cyl perkins did that. Was running at temp I shut it off for lunch,20 mins and it went right to over heat. Ended up being a $12. temp sensor.
Ed K

lumbertick

Checked the temp sensor and already changed radiator cap... We told radiator out today and it appears the core is plugged on the inside.. Not much flow from top to bottom.. We got some cleaner in it and gonna let it sit overnight. Hopefully it will eat what ever is built up in there..

We noticed it started getting warm when it got warmer outside.. Been going on for a month now.. It doesn't amoke it the morning when you start it and there is no water in the oil...

bushmechanic

I recently took apart a 4045T John Deere engine in a 1010D forwarder. The coolant was brown with rust and everything in the water jacket was rusty. I had to break free the rust goop in the bottom to get the coolant out of the engine. I'm guessing the PH level dropped off in the coolant hence the rust. It's a big mess, I got to pull the liners this week and do an inframe job because there's coolant seeping down around numbers two and four liners. I suspect that there's so much rust that the o-rings are crapped out, or the liners are rusted through. Maybe it's a problem with these engines. Oh by the way check your fan belt, I know a guy here that rebuilt a 4045 cause he had the fan belt routed wrong :o   

lumbertick

Well cleaning out the inside of the radiator worked.. Running 180 like it should be now.

Thank You Sponsors!