iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mascot

Started by coxy, April 17, 2015, 06:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

does the ff have one  if not it should be a goat eating grits  we shur do talk a lot about goats and grits  :D :D

WV Sawmiller

You never want to choose a mascot you may have to eat if times get hard.

Due to the woody nature of the forum I'd think a beaver would have to be to mascot and it we had a FF bird I'd select a Pileated woodpecker. Maybe an honorable mention to a porcupine.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

coxy

you put a goat in a field of hardhack it eats it and poops out wood pellets  :laugh: :)

thecfarm

goat,porcupine,just about the same thing when it comes to eating.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: thecfarm on April 17, 2015, 09:24:31 PM
goat,porcupine,just about the same thing when it comes to eating.  ;D

Seems to me a porcupine would be quite a bit tougher to clean and butcher than a goat...

Herb

WV Sawmiller

We don't have porcupines here. Saw my first one last year on a trip to Maine - a road kill. (I still wonder if he flattened the tires of the car that hit him.) They are big.

Of course they are ill tempered. Mating and giving birth has to be a real trick. I'd be chewing trees too.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Shotgun

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on April 19, 2015, 05:35:59 PM
We don't have porcupines here. Saw my first one last year on a trip to Maine - a road kill. (I still wonder if he flattened the tires of the car that hit him.) They are big.

Of course they are ill tempered. Mating and giving birth has to be a real trick. I'd be chewing trees too.

I really wouldn't call porcupines "ill tempered." I've been around a lot of them, and have never seen an ill tempered one. They flip their tail around a bit, but the tail is pretty short. They will turn their back on you, but I guess that's understandable.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Den Socling

Porcupines are not aggressive at all. One time we were camping with our kids who were small at the time. Jessica went to the woods to relieve herself. She came back yelling that there was a giant porcupine. We went to investigate and found a little porcupine and laughed. Then we saw the big mother porcupine. No agression.

Another time we were camping in the same spot along Pine Creek. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Creek_%28Pennsylvania%29
Up from the creek came a whole troop of porcupines in single file. They walked right through our camp without saying a word.  :D

Den Socling

BTW I think that a Pileated Woodpecker would be about right.

jueston

and all this time i thought that pesky goat thats always hanging around was our mascot....  :) :D

goose63

I think he hid him self to many rubber bans round here
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!