iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

If you're ever in Asheville, NC.

Started by Pa Pa Jack, April 17, 2015, 03:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pa Pa Jack

The wife and I spent last weekend in Asheville at the Mother Earth Fair. I went, primarily, to see the mills that were on display. That was a ball.

Just past the fairgrounds is a place called Sierra Nevada Brewery. They specialize in craft beers and a very nice restaurant.

All of the woodwork was milled from trees on the property that had to be removed for the facility. I do not know who did it, but they were very good. Walls, ceiling, table tops, seating, bars and flooring were amazing. One wall is made up of the slats from whiskey barrels. They flattened them a little and wove them together. It is really something to see.

I highly suggest anyone in the area stopping by and checking it out. Real craftsmanship.

Jack

OldMasterTech

You were so impressed you forgot to review the beer!
All gave some ** Some gave all
Never forget

justallan1

Sierra Nevada Brewery also has a place in Chico, California and has great beers and I've been told the food is good also. Back then their Pale Ale was their big hit, with runs of different stuff all of the time. They have one called Big Foot that seems was 9.2%. Personally I thought it was a little thick, but a lot of folks sure liked it. They also make one called Wheat Beer that wasn't bad, but I stuck to the Pale Ale mostly.
When I built paintball guns for a living and played a lot I had a friend that worked there who owned a paintball field in Paradise, Ca. We'd play all day, then sit and drink a few beers while the kids used up any extra paint we had. Good times indeed! ;D

Pa Pa Jack

Quote from: OldMasterTech on April 17, 2015, 06:32:15 AM
You were so impressed you forgot to review the beer!

I am not a big beer drinker. I probably don't consume a six pack a year. I did have a glass of their "Norwal Lager". It was very dark and 10.2% alcohol. It was pretty good but I am not a big fan of all the craft beers people are brewing. Just getting old and set in my ways I guess. The food was extremely good.......and steep.

Raider Bill

Sierra Nevada pale ale is my go to beer! smiley_beertoast
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ely

samandothers

rooster 58

tmarch

Bud Lite 30 packs are my standard order every time the wife goes to town. ;D
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Thank You Sponsors!