iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husq 61

Started by BubbasDad, April 16, 2015, 01:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbasDad

Just picked up a used 61. Missing top cover and does not have spark. Whats with the 2 coils? Could not pass it up i got it for 15 bucks! And a 22hp briggs V-twin to replace the 18 twin on my chraftsman for 20$. Anyway i have good comp. And seems pretty clean and all in one piece minus top cover. Any help would be great. Any way to test which module i need to replace?
John

bandmiller2

The 61 is one of the all time greats and well worth some effort and parts. Sounds like Chainsawr (left) could be your salvation. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

BubbasDad

Quote from: bandmiller2 on April 16, 2015, 07:43:41 AM
The 61 is one of the all time greats and well worth some effort and parts. Sounds like Chainsawr (left) could be your salvation. Frank C.

Thanks Frank! I agree the 61is a great old saw, one of the first i ever operated when i was a kid working with my old man around 23 yrs ago +/- ! Been hooked ever since! For me its like a vacation every time i pull that rope! Dont hear any of the 5 kids or the wife!! Love them to death but boy do i look forward to takin that vacation!!
John

BubbasDad

How do i get to chainsawr site? Using smart phone
John

sablatnic

Take care, if buying replacement coil and electronic, to get the correct version; Husqvarna sold two versions which don't mix.

beenthere

Quote from: BubbasDad on April 16, 2015, 10:40:44 AM
How do i get to chainsawr site? Using smart phone

Click on the ad banner in the left column... then can call or use computer to contact.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

BradMarks

My memories of a 61:  Revved high, cut like a champ. Went through shock mounts, coils, and sprockets on a regular basis. Of course we were PCT 'in, which is very hard on saws.

BubbasDad

Got 5 other saws so she wont be run too hard! Wife asked last night if i was done buying saws yet like i have enough of them or something?????? I just laughed! Thanks guys! There is an old dealer between my house and house i am working on just found out he may have some old stock or if nothing else good used parts.
John

Thank You Sponsors!