iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pine resprouting?

Started by Dave H., April 14, 2015, 10:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H.

last 3 logs a got all had these on them. ive never known pines to resprout.ive heard its possibly squirrels hiding seeds in the bark?

also have beetle/bugs of some sort.

curdog

I very seen pitch and pond pine sprout from the trunk

WDH

Yes, pitch and pond pine and shortleaf pine as well.  The rest of them don't.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I knew that it was some species of Pine that I don't have.   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

curdog

Quote from: WDH on April 15, 2015, 07:24:58 AM
Yes, pitch and pond pine and shortleaf pine as well.  The rest of them don't.

Not sure how I forgot to add my favorite pine, but yeah shortleaf will as well. It's pretty neat for how it will resprout from the stump as well on younger trees if it is top killed from fire. 8)

Magicman

I have a small amount of Shortleaf, but I do not recall ever seeing it re-sprout.  I'll have to be more attentive.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!