iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making an Ambrosia Beetle Riddled Spalted Pecan Coffee Table

Started by WDH, April 14, 2015, 09:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carson-saws

Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

bkaimwood

bk

Ron Scott

~Ron

Den Socling

Isn't it strange that stuff that would have been unacceptable a few years ago is now considered pretty?

SwampDonkey

Depends on the local market. Anything with bug holes or stain would be tough sell in these parts.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Rustic is in style now.  I sell an amazing amount of wood for farm tables. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Okrafarmer

Very nice, Danny!

Almost thou persuadest me to be a wood-worker!

Now as far as culturing ambrosia beetles go, great going for you if you like to do it with devilish wood, but my ornery old self would envision culturing it in maple or other woods more easily milled and worked!

;D  :D  ;)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

Pecan  smiley_devil

Sold this pecan yesterday to a custom furniture maker for a table top.  A full 2" thick planed and the wider boards are 17" wide.  It was a  smiley_devil to handle off the mill and a  smiley_devil to plane by myself, but I managed to get it done without getting crippled. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

I'd be making the recipient tug and push on them planks for a while. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Carson-saws

Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!