iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Member map

Started by Jeff, March 10, 2002, 12:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This really belongs in behind the forum, but I still get the feeling that only me and about 3 others look there ;) so I'm listing it here! 8)

Do to a DanG request, I am trying something. It's an off site service, so I don't know how long we will run it, we will just have to see how it works. I have put in a request for info on a licensed copy of this sofware that we have control over editing.  

The Service is a map/guestbook where you can drag and drop an arrow to where you live and then a box will open up where you can add some vital information. Remember, make sure the info you add it correct and what you want, because I have no way to edit it.

I suggest first you make sure your correct gender is selected! then, if I was you, I would NOT list my email. But I WOULD list my home town in the discription area, but NOT my full address. I WOULD list your forum name, and NOT your full real name just first name and last initial. As I said, this is not run from my server so I cannot go in and change your info.

The reason for not listing the other info, is that you have the safety of the forum membership to exchange that. No need to list it for the world.

So now that I have you all paranoid (which I am not) List yer self on the map! Find the link on the bar to the left titled "Member Maps"  I may change the location of that link later on.
Have Fun!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bud Man

Ought to be fun and interesting having a reference point at the touch of a map- simple enough--==-Thanks Jeff B--==- :D
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Tom

unsophisticated but looks like fun.  Not sure how to use it yet because I've got the forum to converse on but it's kinda neat seeing where everybody lives..........if they all update it :)

Jeff

Budman, On your comment on the map. I was going to use the world map, but it makes the states so small, no room on it. I will add one as a supplement. I would have liked a north american map, but not available. I wrote the software people for the map site and asked about the availability of a purchasable (Is that a word?) version that we could make custom maps for and also lose the ads. We'll see what they say.

You and Tom Did a good job on your map comments. Mine sucks!

Bud Man

Jeff- I see dedicated maps with color coding to homes, interesting sites, educational sites, etc......will give people mental migration points of referance like the stars at night  :o :o Thanks again -=Should be interesting  :P
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Tillaway

OK.... I bit now this should be fun. :) ;D
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Corley5

O.K. so you warned us. How do change your gender?  I got the one at home right but when I added the camp I forgot :-[.  SO in the U.P.  I'm a female Corley5 :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

ROTFL :D :D :D :D
I tried to tell ya!  :D No way to edit, thats the problem. Thats Ok, what you do at your cabin in the U.P. is your business :D :D

It would be very cool if I can arrange some sort of license to use the software for us. I can see several functions. Probably individual state maps tied in with the forum profiles, link maps, Forest types, all kinds of uses. Sent an email this afternoon, we will see...

Corley5

I'm only a cross dresser while in the U.P ;D.  I'm near normal when in the L.P.  The better half is a mental health worker so don't be afraid to stop for a visit she keeps my meds regulated quite well.  I won't hurt ya :D.

L. Wakefield

8) 8) 8)   I'm on the map, I'm on the map! I bungled it a little bit, could've had more comments but didn't know it. Got the sex right (always good to get the sex right, I always say..)  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jeff

Corley5,
I plan on a visit when you get sawing in the warmer weather. You won't try to feed me grits will ya?

Corley5

Don't worry No grits served here :D  Be glad to have ya visit 8)

Jeff

Heck, we might have to make a weekend of it and go see the cabins, though, no, I am kinda leary of yours :D

Frank_Pender

I always wanted to be on a map and now, I am. 8) 8) I even got the gender correct, while not having a Senior Moment. ;)  Thank you, Jeff.  It will be fun learning the whereabouts of everyone.  My guess is, the majority will be East of the Big Muddy. :P
Frank Pender

psychotic1

Hmmppffff!

As usual, the Alaskans get left out in the cold (and snow here tonight to.  We got your storm Frank).  It's okay, I'll just wait for the world map.  It's not like we're part of the UNITED States or anything.
No worries Jeff, I'll patiently wait to see if we get our own software.

Bruce
Patience, hell.  I'm gonna kill something

Kevin

We`ll trade you Quebec for Alaska.
We`ll even throw in the Liberal Government.
Don`t answer right away, think about it.   :D

psychotic1

Not even with Nova Scotia and Newfoundland thrown in. :D
Besides,  we're gonna declare our independence someday.
We generally have at least one govenor campaigner who runs on an independence ticket.  It would please me mightily.  I don't really appreciate having some chairwarmed bottom in wash. DC tell me how to take care of my forest and fishery.  When they've cleaned up the railbelt between New York and DC they can start to tell me about conservation and later generations.

I'll trade you Florida and Texas both for British Columbia.  How bout it?

Bruce
Patience, hell.  I'm gonna kill something

jwood

I THOUGHT I LIKED THIS SITE  ;) WHATS WRONG WITH GRITS ? I'VE HAD'EM  FOR  BREAKFAST AND LUNCH ..GRITS GO WITH EVERYTHING.....EGGS AN GRITS , FRIED OYSTERS , GROUPER, GATOR TAIL.. 8) AN  NOW PSYCHO  IS TRY'IN  TO TRADE FLA. FOR SOME PLACE THAT THE SNOW PROBABLY NEVER THAWS .. :'(. YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH TEXASS..IF THEY WAS GONNA GIVE THE WORLD AN ENEMA THEY'D DO IT IN TEXAS  ;D  BUT DONT TRADE FLA TO THE NORTH POLE ,  FOR A WHILE ENYWAY :D

Kevin

No trade on FLA. , we already own most of that state six months of the year.
Tom is even starting to finish almost every sentence with eh?

Texas Ranger

OK, here we go.  They did give Texas an enema, the results was a "dangler", Florida! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Ya ever noticed ho when you ask a person from michigan where they live, they hold up thier hand and point it out? NEVER ask someone from Florida that...

Hey Kevin! Your looking mighty lonely on that Canada map. Are you the only one up there?

Kevin

I`m the only one that can afford a box, the rest of  the people here live in snow forts and there isn`t any icon for a snow fort.
Where`s Billy?

Jeff

His fort musta melted

macurtis

???  Bud_man--Are you moving south??--Just kidding
Are you the only one with two dots on the map????

Jeff

No, he's the only one with 3 ;)

Thank You Sponsors!