iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sclerotherapy

Started by thechknhwk, April 14, 2015, 01:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechknhwk

In overnight recovery for a sclerotherapy surgery on a painful arterial vascular malformation I have in my left leg.  I've been sleeping most of the day so now I'm awake & bored and thought I'd share.    I'm getting out of here sometime tomorrow.

I opt to come here to U of M in Ann Arbor where I can expect the best and most state of the art care even though it is almost 2hrs from home.  My wife left me about 7pm so she could get home to the kiddies, so its just me the nurses and the "net" on my phone.

SwampDonkey

That's what you get for chasing the nurses around the gurney.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

samandothers

Hope you are outta there early today!

thechknhwk

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 14, 2015, 04:54:02 AM
That's what you get for chasing the nurses around the gurney.  ;D

I haven't seen any tail worth chasing since I've been in recovery :(

:p

Magicman

I hope that you are soon back on your feet.  Leisure is not for us working folks.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thechknhwk

Thanks, already thinking about what I'll be able to do on the barn tomorrow.

I also saw a rare tree on the way down off us23, will try to snap a picture

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thechknhwk on April 14, 2015, 08:45:14 AM

I haven't seen any tail worth chasing since I've been in recovery :(

:p

Oh well, the nightmare will soon be over. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Straightgrain

I wish for you a speedy and lasting recovery!

wheeliechair
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

thechknhwk

Thanks all, got home a wile ago.   Had to go check on the barn & picked up the boy from school.  Then I ended up scoring 120  2x8 sheets of used tin

SwampDonkey

Go easy on the leg.  ;D

thechknhwk

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 14, 2015, 05:21:15 PM
Go easy on the leg.  ;D

I didn't physically get the tin, but agreed to it in principal, lol.  I figured it would make a nice saw shed roof

SwampDonkey

A nice roof in deed in snow country ;D

Straightgrain

Quote from: thechknhwk on April 14, 2015, 07:16:39 PM
Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 14, 2015, 05:21:15 PM
Go easy on the leg.  ;D

I didn't physically get the tin, but agreed to it in principal, lol.  I figured it would make a nice saw shed roof

Heck yeah!

The surgery didn't affect your good judgement...I've been scouring the net for deals just like that because "new" doesn't matter to me as much any more. ;D

I was off my feet for some time over the winter, but I scored on 20 used (5 years old) sheets of 36"X27' galvanized roofing panels (in 10 gauge) for $200.00. They cut them to my specs and loaded them onto my trailer for me.

It will be a year before I can afford to frame the sheds but they will sit on pallets.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

thechknhwk

I picked up about 50 sheets of it today and was doing well until the wind caught one and slung it into my leg, lol.  Sent me limping for a few minutes, but all is well.  I got my lift positioned to finish sheeting one of the gables on the barn tomorrow when I have some help.  Got the dirt bike out for the boy and he rode around a while.  The leg seems to be healing up well. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!