iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does anyone make a gasoline/diesel powwered planer/moulder??

Started by Percy, April 12, 2015, 03:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

The grid is too far away at this point..three phase gen set is my second choice....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Ianab

No that I know of?

I'd think the genset would be the first choice because that open up all sorts of machinery options. You can run  not just the planer, but the chip collector and any other machinery you add later.  Plenty of good used 3 phase machinery can be had for a good prices because it's needs that power supply, which a lot of potential buyers don't have.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Percy

Quote from: Ianab on April 12, 2015, 04:17:46 PM
No that I know of?

I'd think the genset would be the first choice because that open up all sorts of machinery options. You can run  not just the planer, but the chip collector and any other machinery you add later.  Plenty of good used 3 phase machinery can be had for a good prices because it's needs that power supply, which a lot of potential buyers don't have.
That does make the most sense.  I have fairly large genset (50 kw) but it isnt very portable and I was kinda dreamin when I asked(thread title)  ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

hackberry jake

It wouldn't be hard to retrofit a floor model planer/molder to use a gasoline engine. Especially the woodmaster/rbi/belsaw style. Just mount a 10hp horizontal shaft engine in the base and hook it up with a belt.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Thank You Sponsors!