iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hate this time of year!

Started by Woodhauler, April 11, 2015, 08:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

I wait till last minute to do my taxes, Guess i am supporting several non working welfare families next year! >:(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

WV Sawmiller

WH,

Get in line! I hate it too.

I know lots of folks who deliberately overpay then look forward to a refund this time of year. I tell my accountant if it comes tax time and I don't owe money we did something wrong. I don't want the gov't holding "my" money as I don't trust them. Several years ago when working an overseas project I filed and paid then IRS sent me a notice I still owed $200. I sent to my accountant and he said they were wrong and explained why not. IRS said pay or refute it so I refuted. Over the next several months they sent a couple more notices all saying pay or refute in writing that I disagreed. Mind you letters were not registered or traceable - failure to respond would be considered agreement with IRS. I refuted every time but if I had ever missed a letter would have been considered agreeing with them.  Finally next years taxes came due and I had a refund and IRS just kept my $200 out of that. I never got my day in court with them. Wasn't worth hiring a lawyer or such but ticks me off to this day as I had filed correctly and they just took my money.

I pay every dime I owe every year but I understand why people don't. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

THUNDER BEAST

I wonder sometimes why I even try anymore, I so would love to fall off the grid, forever!

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

LeeB

I have filed an extension every year now for a long while. The earliest I have gotten done in recent memory is in August. No special reason to be late, I just hate filing. I am going to try and get done earlier this year. Maybe by June.  ;D This year is going to be a major hit for me. I now work in Saudi for a Danish company and they don't hold any taxes of any kind. No taxes on the Saudi end of either so no  foreign tax credit. going to be a major chunk. I really wish I could figure out how to set up an offshore account and just live off a credit card.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WV Sawmiller

LeeB,

Most of my income for the past 20 years or so has been from overseas work. Usually I met the requirements for the tax exemption for a good portions. Often I would have to avoid coming home on my R&Rs to meet the 330/physical presence test. I figured I could either come home and pay taxes or I could spend it on vacation elsewhere. My response was always "I'll send you a post card." My wife has joined me on such ventures in Saudi, Africa (multiple locations), Mongolia, Thailand, South America, and Europe. She is a free lance photographer so she loved visiting the remote areas. (Check her website at www.greensphotographic.com) to see the places, people and things we visited.

A few times I met the Bona Fide residence test and could come home and spend my money here. I don't know when our government will ever learn -likely never.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Woodhauler on April 11, 2015, 08:41:55 AM
I wait till last minute to do my taxes, Guess i am supporting several non working welfare families next year! >:(

And they don't even have the decency to send you a thank you card.......

21incher

If the federal doesn't take it, the state will. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WV Sawmiller

Over time I have increasingly become in favor of sales taxes or VAT vs income taxes. That way "everybody" pays taxes on only what they buy. I'm fine with higher sales taxes on luxury items like we do for liquor and tobacco and such. Use taxes like road taxes on gas is fairer as it is paid by the people using it especially when it is earmarked to be returned to maintain roads and such associated with the item.
Howard Green

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Woodhauler

Well i went back to the tax man today, i am all payed up! Going to be a long spring! :(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Corley5

We filed ours over a month ago and got a letter this weekend that our refund was going to be cut more than in half because we weren't some how eligible for a child care credit that we claimed although we are supposed to be and have filed for and received it before. Our refund which was supposed to have been in the mailbox a couple weeks ago now will be delayed another 4-6 weeks.  I've got an appointment with our tax guy Tuesday to get it straightened out  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

kensfarm

A good CPA will make tax day easy..  $ for tax prep is deductable the next year. 

Thank You Sponsors!