iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on January 27, 2017, 05:48:53 PM
its been real wet here too    glad you are feeling good enough to work a little now :)

Well thanks, but as of this morning, I'm coming down with the third cold this winter. >:( My immune system is very low due to heart failure. :( Got a doctors appointment Monday with my heart transplant team. I'm sure they are not going to be happy again. ;D I been fighting this over 6 years and I live with the can do attitude. That has been kind of going down hill the last few months.

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

fishfighter

Well, I was right about the doctors not being happy. ;D Have  to go back once I get over this DanG cold. Finely the fever broke. ;D Got out yesterday and did a little more on the roofing that I started. Weather was a nice 75F and sunny with little to no wind. ;D Going to try and finish out that side today. Only have about two hours work left. I will get some pictures today.

Magicman

Sorry about the Doctors, but it is good to see you stirring about.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Thanks MM. Got out yesterday and finished the one side and had to call it quits. DanG cold is now in my chest. This is not good at all.

Anyway, different color roof. ;D

But, as I did to the main roof, I will be spraying it with elastomeric coats in white. Suppose to save up to 15% energy.

fishfighter

Just a update. Got sheetrock in, but still have to hang it. Was going to buy a machine to do that, but a cheap one cost over $200 and once finished, I hope I would not need it again. :D

So, I will just build one. ;D

I also copped some granite counter tops. More then enough for the camp. Paid $125 for it. ;D More and more, the wife wants us to move to the camp. :D

flyingparks

fishfighter

Quote from: flyingparks on February 17, 2017, 09:23:57 AM
Whats Sheetrock? :D

Guess you are a Yankee. :D Gypsum board I guess, if you are a Yankee. :D

Started building the lift today. With a saw mill, why not make it out of wood? ;D Oak box tube and a double 2x4 pine for the lift section and legs. Got $6.14 so far into it. ;D

It will reach 10'. I will be adding some caster wheels to the base which I have on hand. Then make the spread bars to handle the SHEETROCK. :D

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: fishfighter on February 17, 2017, 05:38:17 PM
Pretty cool!  But, what I think he was saying is, Your not doing pine, cedar or walnut planking?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

fishfighter

Using a lot of oak and pine for the flooring. ;D

Going to have expose oak beams too! Walnut, what is that? There might be maybe one tree within 100 miles. :D

fishfighter

Finish the sheetrock lift. Got wheels and hope to put it to use next week. ;D

I can pin it in this direction for ceilings.

Or drop it down for the walls.

The frame is 45"x8'. When using it for the walls or loading it, I had cut a slot on the bottom of the frame to help loading.

All rooms other then the bathroom, I will be installing 1/2x4'x12' sheetrock.

Magicman

Oh my, I have done my share of sheetrock.  The best part of each job was when the job was completed.  Nice lift. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Yep, did my share too! Did my house that is 2750 living with 9',12,14 and 17' ceilings. Was not fun at all. ;D

Make a short rabbit hunt yesterday which took a lot out of me. Took a nap at 2pm and woke up at 4:30 this morning. :o Feel like a new man. :D

Magicman

Rip Van Winkle did that too.   :)

Darrel

Yes he did. I didn't saw nothin or hang any Sheetrock  Passed a kidney stone instead. Now I think I'll take my turn playing Rip Van Winkle.  Z z z z zz
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

alabama

Looking real good! That is a lot of blood sweat and tears...
John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

flyingparks

Quote from: fishfighter on February 17, 2017, 05:38:17 PM

Awesome lift. Meant no disrespect. I just try to avoid sheetrock as much as I can. I've done too much. Inside joke I guess. I'm just a westerner who prefers wainscoting. I've been really enjoying this thread. Keep up the good work fish.

fishfighter

Quote from: alabama on March 01, 2017, 06:00:06 PM
Looking real good! That is a lot of blood sweat and tears...

Sure has been. Has been good at times for my health. 10X better then just sitting around and watching TV. DanG shame I'm not finished, but when you are retired, one never has enough time to do all the things that need to be done. :D

Been wanting to get the sheetrock up, but my son and SIL has been tied up with their work. So I been working on my saw mill shed.

fishfighter

Well yesterday, I got out and did a little work on my new saw mill shed. Added a window and trimmed the lap siding. I will get back on this project in time.

After getting that done, I got the wife to help me hang a couple sheets of sheetrock in the camp. My home made lift worked great. ;D Going to try and hang a couple more today. Cold here, so yesterday I had the wood stove fired up and will do that again today. ;D

This is the kitchen area.

Magicman

It's good to see you making progress Paul.  Every step that you make is a step closer.

fishfighter

Thanks Lynn. Had the wife help me today or should I say watch me. She is like a hawk. She doesn't want me to fall off a ladder. :o :D  She did what she could do. Heck, she even clean up a bunch. :D The new med they put me on is doing some good. 8) As of from this past Saturday to this morning, I dumped 5 lbs of fluid which makes me feel like a million. Even though I take a lot of Lasix, this new med has stepped up a bunch. I think I had somewhat adjusted to it, but there is a little dry cough. That is not good. :( Other meds like this did the same and I had to stop using them. :(

Anyway, we hung some more sheetrock. Not breaking any speed records, but it's getting done. Both of my kids,(son and SIL) are working their butts off. I have one more wall in the living room area to do. Then the ceilings and other rooms. Going to try tomorrow to get some more done. ;D

Darrel

Fishfighter, your determination inspires me.  I know it can't be easy, but you just keep plugging away. I've had patients roll over and die when faced with much less. Glad you have someone to "watch over" you.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Thanks Darrel. I took on this project to help keep me going. I have always been very active before I came down with heart failure. DanG virus bug had attached my heart. My EF is below 20% were the left side just ain't doing anything. :( I still give it hell when I feel good. ;D I do have my "good" days. But, those "bad" days, I can't even get out the lounge chair. >:(

But anyway, I thank the Good Lord for every day he has gave me, good or bad.

sandsawmill14

glad the new med is helping and your feeling better :) maybe the cough will go way :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

fishfighter

The wife and I finished hanging rock in the living room and kitchen yesterday. ;D

Going to have to rest today. Got to service the lawn mower so the wife can cut the yard today. :D Bought her a new Bad Boy ZT 60" mower last fall. Time for the first oil change. :D

Thank You Sponsors!