The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Started the build.  (Read 41023 times)

Offline grouch

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm recyclable!
Re: Started the build.
« Reply #440 on: July 21, 2017, 03:26:30 pm »
That's looking really good!

Did you say those air dried for 2 years?

Don't know what kind of top you're going to put on it, but please knock the sharp edges off. My wife slipped one morning and hit her head on the corner of a (bought) bedpost. Scared the crap out of me. I took a spokeshave to that idiotic thing.

(That was my attempt to close it up until we could get to the doc).

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #441 on: July 21, 2017, 08:18:14 pm »
Ouch.

Yes, air dried over two years. Moisture meter has it at 10%. The top will be granite. The slab is 3cm thick and is 38"x 72". Bought enough for the complete kitchen counter tops for $125 last fall. A lot of people were remodeling their homes after a big flood.  ;D

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #442 on: July 25, 2017, 07:15:38 am »
I did finish up that island cabinet. Took my wife, daughter, son and I to load it in my truck and to install it in the camp. One heavy sucker. :o

I did forgo the caster wheels. I just couldn't find any that would fit under and be able to carry the weight. A light went off when I was shopping for the wheels. Saw some of those Teflon pads that one can put under anything to slide things on a floor. Bingo. ;D Added some blocking at the corners and just nailed a pad to each corner. 8) One can not see them and only lifts the island up about 1/8" off the floor.

Kind of been under the weather again. DanG heat is very bad. Got to the point of having very bad legs cramps every night. Them things HURT.

Offline Darrel

• Senior Member x2
  • Never throw an unopened log on the burn pile.
« Reply #443 on: July 25, 2017, 10:42:36 am »
Kind of been under the weather again. DanG heat is very bad. Got to the point of having very bad legs cramps every night. Them things HURT.

When you get leg cramps, try eating a dill pickle.  If you're like most people, you'll be amazed at how well and how fast it works.
1992 LT40HD

The winds of change are blowing at hurricane force and I don't like it but good shall come even though I see not how.

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #444 on: July 25, 2017, 02:17:05 pm »
Did that along with drinking the juice, even drinking vinegar. Little to no help. Blood work all shows good too. No lack of potassium.

Got out a little this morning doing a inventory on oak lumber. Getting a bit low. :o Now did my saw list for the rest of the kitchen cabinets. Just maybe I can start on that tomorrow. That is a lot of wood planning I am looking at. :o

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #445 on: July 26, 2017, 09:12:34 am »
Looks like you have been sorta busy while I have not.  Nice kitchen island.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #446 on: July 26, 2017, 03:17:33 pm »
Thanks Lynn. I'm backing off this so I can get a roof over my sawmill shack. This DanG heat is just unreal. With the rain( which now helps the heat) I need a roof. ;D

sawed up my first log in over three months today. That was real work. :o